W7 x64 SP1 install, USB driver BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rapideye, Mar 24, 2011.

1. rapideye

rapideye MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    Hi there,

Got an issue with Thrustmaster Force Feedback steering wheel/pedals.
    The hardware has never had any official support for anything over Vista x86/x64 SP1, But poeple have had it working on everything up to Win 7 x86/x64, see link for methods:

w w w.answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/force-feedback-wheel-problems/1dbdffea-3744-4548-bfa5-32ad2f240310?page=1

Basically installing drivers in Vista SP1 compatibility mode has been working fine under Win 7.
    After installing Win 7 x64 SP1 myself and others are getting BSOD immediately on driver install.

Q: Anyone know how to work around this?
    Q: What has changed in SP1 to make a previously working driver BSOD.

The driver files are here:

w w w.ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/Unified_Drivers/FFBRW_Vista_2.7.30.exe

Q: Could the .inf be tweaked in any way?

I have tried:
    All compatibility modes
    Manual driver install with add hardware wizard and via hardware CP
    All my USB ports
    All result in BSOD

I am using latest Intel USB port drivers for Asus P55 motherboard.
    All my other USB devices are working fine as are the USB ports.

Hope someone can help!!!

Cheers

2. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    There is no harm in applying the fix in that thread. And there is a chance that it might solve your problem. But that "chance" is very low. That thread addresses one very specific USB-related problem with SP1, and your symptoms don't sound like the kind that would have arisen from that particular bug. Sorry, I don't know what your problem is, but I can say that it probably isn't the problem that the above thread fixes (though it doesn't hurt to try: just don't go in with any expectations).

3. Dinoco

Dinoco MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2011

Totally same situation here, got blue screen with thrustmaster force feedback after sp1, would like to know solution to this problem.