Want to have Blue progressbars in Windows 7? .Look no further

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tomorrow, Jul 28, 2009.

1. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
  2. harpua

harpua MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    #62 harpua, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    Would doing this mod make any other changes to my current theme besides changing the color of those green bars to blue?

And, would it work with my Aero theme?

Btw, the thing I would like to get rid of even more than the green color is the pulsing white streak that runs though the progress bar at very even intervals that have nothing to do with actual progress or speed.

3. contruable

contruable MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009

Thanks for solving my problem!

4. SongRemainsTheSame

SongRemainsTheSame MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Tomorrow, thanks a LOT for your hack to remove explorer folderband, since Vista it's the thing i hate the most on earth!

5. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    No other changes are being made!

Actually only 3 files are different inside between the original and the modded theme
    To make sure Aero works properly with this theme you MUST install the UxCore program(included in package).Windows checks theme digital signatures and if it detects a theme has been altered(or new Non-MS theme) then aero will be turned off and blue progressbars will not work.The UxCore creates a small service running in the background(Unsigned Themes) and allows you to use any themes.

The pulsating white light is part of the theme and is actually a semitransparent file with green aura(default).The modified one uses a blue aura so it unifyies with rest of the theme.I suppose it could be removed from the theme and down the line i might create more variations of the theme,but for now enjoy this :)

6. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    windows blinds is lighter on the system then windows built in themes, it has been as such since version 5.

7. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    thank you mate, looks pretty cool! - much better than this "evil green" :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    awesome post guys thnk u......................................plz post more tweaks if u can...... :)

9. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Can some one verify the blue bar is safe?? Also is it worthwhile and is it a GUI?

10. bearbear

bearbear MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
  11. micky1punch

micky1punch MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    is it safe? well it works, and my pc is as stable as it was before, no problems..
    is i worthwhile? only if you want a blue bar...
    is it GUI? is what GUI, the installation process? no.

very simple to do, took all of about 3 minutes, didnt need to restart, and in my honest opinion, does look much nicer (if only for the fact that ive been staring at a green bar for years)

many thanks Tomorrow!

12. Bagheera

Bagheera MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thnxs!

Have tested this in slipstreamed (LP Dutch+Updates) win7 7600.399 x86.

Big thnxs... works as advertised!!....

Great color, i like it specially to watch in totalcommander....

:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I actually did get this to work but i had to manually put the new file in so all is good now. Looks much better thanks !

14. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #80 twiz, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009