Want to upgrade from windows 7, can't figure the right ISO for the job

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jackomel, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    so I just tried to run the enterprise setup instead of regular windows to see what would happen and.... 2109.jpg

I don't even know anymore, I could upgrade from 7 ultimate on the other pc but this one just gives me this, what's the deal?

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Not sure about adding the required partition if it is required, but one thing, is your win 7 running smoothly?my guess is yes here but is it activated with Daz by any chance?mmm sorry if i missed any info. Maybe uninstalling it if it exists, or running MBR repair before
    here is a shot of my DM
    disk mgmt.jpg

3. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    You are right, I'm activated with DAZ, the other computer MAY have been a MSDNAA key instead

So how do I remove DAZ?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Question: Do you want to upgrade from 7Ultimate to 8 Enterprise without having had an enterprise as 7?

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    just run it, it does have an option of Uninstall
    Daz thought about everything :D

6. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    I could do it from my OTHER windows 7 ultimate, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do it again

And by the way I don't really want to upgrade to enterprise, it was just a test to see if the conflicting applications detector would actually work

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    unbelievable: A wasted Saturday and a genius DAZ loader was the problem. Why didn't you tell us?

8. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    hey, I still haven't confirmed DAZ was the reason, I HOPE it was.

If it isn't then I'm still clueless

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    then hurry and uninstall it and report. We are waiting:eek:

10. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    we shall see my friend, just logically thinking which is very friggin dangerous here:vertag: win 8 hits a snag when it checks your existing system as far as tables and slic and doesn't find slic, as Daz didnt run to trick it since win 7 is idle at this time, anyway clue us in as more users will benefit

11. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    Still getting the error, I'm going now to try using easyBCD to do some stuff to the boot and hope on the next try it works, if it doesn't then it has to be another problem

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Do you have a replacement disc available for this machine? Just to find out, if you can do a clean install like a fresh system on this PC.

13. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    I know for certain I can do fresh installs, it's just that I'm interested into upgrading this particular install and I don't really want to spend more time than I have to on this.

Also there HAS to be a single reason that is preventing me from upgrading, it's just a matter of figuring what it actually is.

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    So, I'm done here. No more to see.
    Don't forget to press the thanks button :D

15. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Is it safe to assume your win7 machine rebooted successfuly into an unactivated state after uninstalling Daz?

16. Jackomel

Jackomel MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    #36 Jackomel, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    (OP)
    yeah, it's unactivated and right now I'm trying if I can try to rewrite the boot sector from scratch or something and then try one final time, after this... well it means it's not a boot problem and I still don't know what to do other than waiting for microsoft to push a patch for the installer or something

EDIT: Turns out my boot for F: is on D: or something like that