Warning about updating windows store in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cooldude268488, Dec 26, 2015.

1. cooldude268488

cooldude268488 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    Make sure not to update the Windows Store on Windows 10 because I did that exact same thing and the update resulted in the store not reopening after the update. I thought it was due to the latest batch of Windows 10 Updates but then I update the windows store app before running an update check and the same result occured the store closed and when I tried to reopen it. It would act like it was going to open for about 2 seconds and then closes. Clicking on the store icon on the taskbar again and again to reopen the Windows store failed with the same result. After my tests it is not any of the windows 10 forced updates. I think microsoft botched the update for the Windows Store. The same thing happened on both of my windows 10 pcs. Contacted Microsoft and they were no help. So I reverted both PC's back to windows 8.1 and that's where they're going to stay. So I wanted to alert everyone to this issue. Don't update the Windows Store at least until microsoft fixes the problem. If you update the windows store app it results in the Store crashing and not working properly. Before the update to the Windows Store app the Windows Store worked perfectly on both of my PC's, after the update it refuses to run and won't work. So be careful when updating windows store apps.

2. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Is there really 268488 coodude's on MDL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Studio384

Studio384 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Myth says they actually skipped number 134244.

So... you just reverted to Windows 8.1 because the store wouldn't open correctly. Instead of... I don't know... just reinstalling the store?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    thanks for the tip,and the logical fix,reverting to win 8.1.:rofl:

5. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #5 xinso, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    No. There is no problem on my end with Windows 10 updates.

6. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Some systems have a "GOTTCHA" on store, I find the fix if and when tht happens. click store, let it (woops) try and fail, click store, let it (woops) try and fail, click store, let it (woops) try and fail,
    then #4 it has always opened... mostly I just tell everybody, Windows 10 is a long way from being Prime Time...
    :worthy::worthy::worthy: