Warning for all users of Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tiger-1, Oct 29, 2017.

  1. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    #1 Tiger-1, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Hi I discover that KB3044374 is some specie of GWX so all us need take attention when installing updates to avoid receive unwanted O.S.;) oops! I forgot to mention that ONLY Server Builds NO receive this GWX
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    hehe maybe I'm most new Software Engineer of M$FT because myself don't know until now!:eek::rofl: still I like very much if someone here can explain this :thinking:
     

    Attached Files:

    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

    Enthousiast MDL Tester

    Oct 30, 2009
    12,347
    13,443
    340
    It was on my T100TA also called 8.1 winblue ltsb (pre-installed os).
     
  4. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    #4 Tiger-1, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abbodi1406

    abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

    Feb 19, 2011
    7,149
    21,886
    240
    1- It's released since +2 years
    2- It's not GWX related
    3- Upgrade for Win 7/8.1 is over
    4- Monthly Rollup already contain it
     
  6. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    ^^
    I don't need your useless comments so I go put you in ignore list now ;)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MrMagic

    MrMagic MDL Guru

    Feb 13, 2012
    5,702
    3,704
    180
    Saves me the hassle, but won't change the fact that you're wrong ;)
     
  9. Nongshim

    Nongshim Guest

    So GWX Control Panel is no longer necessary on my system?
     
  10. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    no bro is very clear look my post where I show version in Registry ok
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,507
    2,551
    90
    ah ok I don't know about this and also don't know that some manufacturers continue selling your machines with this O.S. because if I know of course that I NOT write something still I ask for someone here but NO answer I hope answer for you what bother for me
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Mr.X

    Mr.X MDL Guru

    Jul 14, 2013
    5,562
    12,987
    180
    What? :hypo: :D