Warning - Using Image Restore may format your drives

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by C.S.I., Oct 28, 2009.

1. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Well been doing this for years also before I appreciate having back up and restore cause I like to play around with my machine ^_^. Having back up or system image of C drive is somewhat I found essential. Just make sure that you have a well performed windows before doing image. After all, doing system restore by image is much faster and easier than doing complete re installing windows. and also, if you like to play around with softwares, having system restore is useful cause if you find that softwares dont do well, you can always use that to go back to previous setting ^_^..

Just my 2 cents ^_^

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    good point, but i've been playing around with my pc since i was 12 years old, that's 18 years now :D
    So i've started out when windows wasn't even born :rolleyes:
    My first pc was 80386 with 40mb hdd and 1mb mem :D:D:D
    Been playing around with windows and software/hardware for years, and have always managed to solve issues without reinstalling/restoring, even though sometimes it cost me a week or more to find the problem and fix it.
    Let's say it's just more fun then pushing a button and wipe the issue out of existence. I like to know what the issue is and what the solution eventually is.

So i doubt even if i make backups, that i'll actually use them. So i wonder if it's any use. Data loss isn't an issue, cause they're safe on 5 seperate disks.