Was the Moon landing a hoax?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Michaela Joy, Aug 27, 2012.

?

Was the Moon landing a hoax?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    well, anyone who can use photoshop decently (not me, i suck at photoshop lol) can fabricate those photos of the lunar module on the surface of the moon. so those photos don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.

as for the mythbusters, i think they're full of crap.

here's mythbusting the mythbusters and moon landing believers based on retroreflectors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOeFnemVm0o&feature=related

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Yes they were photoshopping in 1969 on their Ivybridge PC's :rolleyes:. Things that you take for granted now would have been very hard to do in that time period.
    But if you want to keep your tinfoil hat on that's your choice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #23 stayboogy, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    i'm sorry but you're way out of your element here. those photos posted are not from 1969... they're from 2009

read a post before you scrutinize...

4. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    #24 msr, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    Mankind is far more advanced than they tell the normal folk. I believe they went to the moon before 69, and they went there with better techs. What they are hiding if anything was that they where using far better techs.

They want to hide the technology more than they care about answering your questions.

Just like the way samsung or microsoft may be perving into your home right now, for a certain number of people, watching them. They do not tell you they are watching you with there techs, but you can be sure a certain number of people having techs from companies like them are being violated.

Technology is along way ahead of where people think it is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    There is a 1969 photo on that page. :rolleyes:

6. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think maybe they went, but they wanted it to look better than it was.. Steps in... Stanley Kubrick!!!:eek:

7. Roguetomato

Roguetomato MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    My question is... how could something be hoaxed that long ago and with the technology we have today still not figure it out. I think it was the real deal.

8. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    The people running that show probably have access to stuff still not shown to the public today. The public still assume nuclear weapons is the best weapons humans have. How come we made that techs nearly 70 years back, and how come humans have never better since.

Off course there are better techs but the public do not need to know anything about them.

So remember they had techs avalable to them the public still are not aware of even today.

9. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
  10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @pii: You do realize that Tacit Blue (The stealth fighter technology)

-AND-

the SR-71 were both developed at Groom Lake (Area 51) don't you?

With that said, some of the aircraft designs that were being flown out of that place looked like flying saucers, even by todays' standards. And if an aircraft was remote controlled (That technology existed back then), the wild banked turns and sudden changes of direction -are- possible, because you don't have to worry about a human passing out from excessive Gs.

We will never know what went on there. My heart goes out to the people who died of various cancers from the chemicals that were used in the processes there. We'll never know because of the classified nature of their work.

11. razRA

razRA MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2012
    If the population know 5% from the truth they should be more than happy..its all business felas nothing more..

12. VirginiaLearner

VirginiaLearner MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    I believe it was real.

13. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Over quarter of voters believes moon landing is a hoax? Really?! :eek:

14. Eiskratzer

Eiskratzer MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    Once Fox made this wrong "documentary", people won't stop believing it's a fake... ignoring all proof. Yeah, even Stanley Kubrick directed it. Sure. And "Bubba Gump Shrimp Company" provided catering. ;-)

Once spoken out lout, it can't be taken back. At least the "moon landing was fake" movement isn't hurting anyone. Another example what bad journalism can cause, is this British Science Journal which published a complete made-up and wrong article how innoculation causes authism. This journal revoked this article (for being just wrong), many people still wanted to believe in this and that's why there's such a strong anti-innoculation movement in the states.

15. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    #35 Computer Fixer, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    So I guess all those hundreds of thousand of civilian observers at the Cape that watched the seven Apollo launches live from 1969 to 1972 were in on the hoax too?

It's not like one day we just decided to go to the moon and it suddenly happened the next day.
    Apollo 11 (first manned moon landing) was preceded by many lesser manned and unmanned flights leading up to the final culminating event in July 1969. By my count- there were nearly 65 launches (project Mercury + Project Gemini + Apollo) before Apollo 11 lifted off.
    The Apollo project actually started in 1961 and ran concurrently through Project Mercury and Project Gemini.

Please read the following before declaring it a hoax:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mercury
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gemini
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Apollo

16. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You guys are seriously idiots if you think they faked the moon landing.
    The U.S. Government can't even get away with spying on people, and you think they can fool all the scientists in the world?
    I've seen a lot of videos about the moon missions about everything from the suit manufacturing process to the laser that measures the moon's distance by bouncing off the mirror.
    They simply are not smart enough to fake that much stuff. You could have the most genius scientists on the planet and tell them to fake something and it would not be as convincing as the moon missions.
    It's not fake. Get over it.

17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    To say that the landings were a hoax is a total insult to the human intelligence and to the bravery/intelligence of the US astronauts who landed on the moon.

Well there will always be conspiracy theorists who are high on something other than life itself.

18. Italian Boy

Italian Boy MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
  19. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    The problem with many "open minded" people is that they have too open mind and all the real thinking gets blown out by the wind. :D

So, keep your mind open, but not too open.

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #40 R29k, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017