WAT (antipiracy update) released unofficaly....official launch at 17/02

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SoLoR, Feb 1, 2010.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    again i think they are trying to nail the people in this for profit. the people selling the pre activated versions and even the people on ebay who i have seen selling the loaders and even remove wat yes i have seen it for sale

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    exactly, but they are also looking for people who do not realize they have a loader or removewat installed. Since these people likely paid for pirated version of windows, they are a easy pickings for Microsoft. Simple target demographics, if they were dumb enough to pay for pirated software, they are certainly dumb enough to pay for legit software.

Microsoft is not targeting hobbyist pirates, because the hobbyist pirate has no intention of ever paying. That is what people do not understand, Microsoft does not want to end piracy and force you to linux, there aim is to annoy a few more people into paying, I suspect M$ is even hoping that some legit users (false positives) actually give in and pay for a second license. I wonder how that figures into the bottom line.

3. Bullet

Bullet MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    Bios Mod De-activated

Sorry if I missed this I went through this entire thread best I can. I have an Asus P5Q-Deluxe mobo. I flashed the HP 2.1 slic and used matching HP cert and this serial; F****-*****-*****-*****-**RR2 and it was working fine for months. I took the 1033 update and got de-activated. I then restored my entire partition from a pre-wat Acronis image. At first it was again activated. I bypassed the 1033 update: and the next day, de-activated. Should I re-flash bios with a Dell slic, cert, and key? Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks,
    Bullet

4. C.S.I.

C.S.I. MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Nobody in their right mind would 'pay for a second license' would they, if the have a legit version.

Then again, maybe some wood ducks are that silly... I would be sueing M$'s arse if they tried that on me.

5. C.S.I.

C.S.I. MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Well **RR2 is an Acer Ultimate Serial.

Why not use a HP Serial.

No idea why without WAT installed, you should become non-genuine though - strange.

Have you revalidated via the ms/genuine site to ensure an up to date status? although this will RE-install the 1033 update.

6. Bullet

Bullet MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    Good question. Back when I did the mod, I was told that Acer and HP used the same key and I never came across an exclusive HP key. I'll do some searching and see if I can find one now. Thanks.

7. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I would appreciate an update from you. I am trying to figure out a similar problem with an HP that failed wat. However, I had Wat installed on mine and it seems you restored from a pre-wat image and got deactivated still. Thanks.

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    seems a lot of the systems failing wat are hp's. even oem factory installed ones are failing as well. from reading the ms wat web site a LOT of the ones being mentioned are hp's. but i have had 3 customers who purchased a hp directly from hp that CAME WITH PRE installed windows 7 (2 premium and 1 professional so far) be flagged as non genuine. the reason appears to be mistached files within windows. so what is going on with hp's???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Bullet

Bullet MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    #2449 Bullet, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    Correct. I found an HP key for Ultimate here....MH***-*****-*****-*****-** 9T3 and entered it via cmd prompt. Then I repaired tokens via cmd and restarted my computer 2 times. I passed Genuine Validation after taking the WAT update but my properties page still says I'll expire in 2 days. Go figure? I will now reload my backup image while internet is off. I'll enter the new key again and see what happens.

10. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The original win7 install you did, did you use the untouched RTM or one of those preactivated ones?

11. DiamondTear

DiamondTear MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm not seeing the update on windows update (even in optional). Is it out? I'd really like to re-enable automatic updates so I wouldn't have to manually update windows defender.

12. Bullet

Bullet MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    It was an untouched copy. Everything went fine with the original activation, except the key should have been different as it turns out. I just re-loaded my backup image again and entered the correct key and did a successful tokens repair. It still says 2 days left? Tomarrow I will decide if I want to load a fresh install, reflash my bios with another mfg., or just buy a key. I've got a lot of stuff that needs to be done this weekend and I'm not sure I can mess with this any longer. I am quite surprised that this HP bios activation went down
    Something I forgot to mention, during boot up after completing the updates which included the WAP 1033, I seen windows writing or deleting files very quickly. The writing was wizzing by so fast I couldn't even guess. I'd never seen that before and that was the beginning of the end for my HP activation....so it seems.
    Bullet

13. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Doesnt make sense, keys are not brand specific. Looks like its an HP bug what armada pointed out.

14. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Checkout eBay item 270541634732 selling burned DVDs and sending people to this site in auction for information.

15. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Agreed on the crooks, but does anyone buying Win 7 ultimate or key for it think they are getting the real thing for $20 to $40 dollars?

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I'm not sure it's illegal for MSDN subscribers to sell their extra keys. I installed RTM on friends machine and said now use loader and he said he bought key and I was wary of it's legitness. But almost 5 months later he still activated with no problems

p.s. He got ultimate retail key for 18 bucks...lol

17. shankarhokie

shankarhokie MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2010
  18. Zexy

Zexy MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008