WAT (antipiracy update) released unofficaly....official launch at 17/02

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SoLoR, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ennio

ennio Guest

Thank you, but how it is related with this thread? There is a PM button, and no need to post here that someone has a message. That was my question for Frisbee66.

2. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thedonofdeath

thedonofdeath MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009
    removewat 2.2...

4. CHRISPPPY

CHRISPPPY MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    I have used the wat remover, now is there any way to still recieve/ install updates?

Can anyone let me know how to b able to recieve and install windows updates after using the wat removal?

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    You should have full access to updates with removeWAT. Have you tried yet?

6. scarecrow

scarecrow MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2010
    So Restoring the WAT will start the "you have xx days to activate" timer? :/

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    "slmgr /rearm" will do that. In trial WAT is ineffective...lol

8. kaddu

kaddu MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks for all the useful information provided in this forum, I have been a regular visitor of the site with very rare posts.

Here is my question. My wife bought a Compaq laptop with Win 7 Premium. As usual the laptop came with a lot of crap pre-loaded so I decided to install a clean copy of Win 7 Ultimate and activate using OPA Tool for Compaq cert and key. Windows was genuine until I installed all updates. Later, the screen went black with non-genuine windows and other crap. I had to restore from included files back to premium and most crap applications that the laptop came with.

My question would be, how M$ detected this copy as everything is in perfect order (just that it was ultimate instead of premium). Also, is there a way to make wat accept the win ultimate as genuine.

Thanks again for all the information that is being posted here.

Kaddu

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I don't know why it flagged you, maybe a bug in wat itself. But to be as safe as possible you could extract the cert in the original hom premium install and use that for ultimate instead of the opa cert.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. UnderShadow

UnderShadow MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2007
    I would say what you did is a no-no. Best route: leave w7 premium just as it came pre-installed, upgrade to ultimate using Anytime upgrade with any of the keys posted here, uninstall the crap, tweak as you wish.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What he did was correct if he doesn't want all the crap even if you uninstall all the stuff there is still fragments kicking around in system and registry. but he could have used the real certificate from original install machine.

12. UnderShadow

UnderShadow MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2007
    Then again thereĀ“s uninstallers (Your Uninstaller) and registry cleaners (regcure). I've followed this route with 100% success rate many times Vista&W7.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    uninstallers only work properly if they monitor the actuall install of a program you may think you have 100% success rate, i can assure you there will still be stuff kicking around fresh windows install is always better.

14. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    A fresh install is the only way to go to get rid of all parts of crapware installed by the manufacturer.

15. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Do a fresh install to loose the crapware.
    Don't bother with any loaders / cracks / activators.

Run the SLIC dump toolkit to verify the SLIC table,
    and then use it to verify the cert file you plan to install.
    Install the cert file.
    Install the appropriate Product Key from the OEM:SLP key thread.

Job done.

--
    SC

16. kaddu

kaddu MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks, that is what I will do. I am a big fan of fresh installs as this I believe is the only way to really get rid of the manufacturer crapware and trial installs. If, before reinstall, I want to get the cert (and maybe key) out of this system, how can I do that? Though I still think the certificate file should be the same as the leaked ones.

17. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
  18. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #2540 MIMMO61, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010