WAT Detected my (hard) BIOS mod !

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by nonzenze, Feb 27, 2010.

1. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    As long as you properly modify the Bios and use ANY key EXCEPT the old Lenovo Key you will be fine.

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    one thing i am seeing is people who modded their own bios and even though the tool said succesful they have not actually checked the bios. i have had a number of pm's and fixed a lot of bios' where people tried doing it themselves. so as nojuan said DO NOT USE THE lenovo key and make SURE TO CHANGE IT BEFORE running the update. also if that does not work it may be your mod, or the fact that a LOT of people used the pre activated copies of win7 found all over with a loader in them already or used remove wat in the past etc....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Good point armada.
    The OS must be CLEAN (No Loaders or Hactivators) BEFORE using a BIOS MOD to Activate Win 7.
    And I also agree,
    I have pointed many people to a mod I did that I know works and when they used it instead of the one they made it always Miraculously works properly.
    Can anyone one say: Operator Error :)

4. dougdude9

dougdude9 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    Good news! I went ahead with my plan and it worked fine and the nasty KB that knocked me down last time isn't this time.

Modded my own bios and it worked great.

5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    great job then!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NuttyBuddy

NuttyBuddy MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Just re MOD my biso, I could not use Dell no matter what. Finally got it done with Alienware SLIC and Cert.
    There must be somthing new how WAT works. I don't think Dell is backlisted Or this Thread would have been
    over loaded. I'm glad just a few of us had to re MOD. NuttyBuddy is happy once more.

7. BHelge

BHelge MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    #27 BHelge, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Ja, natürlich.
    You can be not activated with this update. But with installed KB your activating will unsuccessful. I tested a few keys: Asus, HP, Samsung.
    After installation the windows Update center offers to much important updates, but KB 971033 will be not marked. This update, as wrote on the MS site, must ones on activated system processed. If yours cracking method good your receive THANKS from Microsoft Genuine Test.
    I just like to say you can too much time discussing, but Russian programmers wrote the crack wich work with installed KB 971033, even you receive ones a F**K instead of THANKS from Genuine test.
    Alles Gute

8. nonzenze

nonzenze MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    I have all the KBs installed and I'm genuine as far as the WAT/IE tests. Do not listen to ^^^ telling you not to install 971033 -- that's just asking for problems later when it's bundled with SP1 in a few months.

Get a good BIOS mod, use a non-blacklisted key and install every update.