WAT fix download question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ranchhand, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    What's the story on WAT fix download? All it does is boot you over to some "download manager" to install on my system with the usual toolbars/home page change gabage like all the others or it tries to sidetrack me to download PDF Creator. I am rather surprised that a website as respected as MDL would stoop to have that lowball stuff. Does anyone know where the actual, true download button is?

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You've clicked "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads" on datafilehost. On the loader page I give a warning about that, but I guess I forgot on the WAT Fix page. I'll update the post. Sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The website never used to have the feature and it's one many BIOS modders use too. Personally I use adblock so I see no adverts on that website, but try to find file hosts that don't instantly delete the loader or WAT fix. mediafire, multiupload (and all linking sites), rghost etc. They're all useless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    Thanks, Daz, I didn't mean to come-off as irate. After reading my post, it reads a bit stronger than I intended. I guess I was frustrated or something. I had clicked every button on the page and they all booted me over to alternate downloads.

5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    "bad Daz....very bad" :D haha j/k

Happy New Year Guys!