Wat update help!! Kb971033

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rubyboy79, Feb 24, 2010.

1. doclucas

doclucas MDL Junior Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Yep, Exactly!

2. skunny61

skunny61 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2010
    Hi sorry for my english....;)
    so i have do that:
    1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

and then used remove wat,
    reboot
    install vista loader
    reboot
    uninstall removewat

at first the not genuine thing still appeared but i thought what the heck, i pressed the resolve online button, and it asked me to download the checker tool together with the kb971033 update again. so i did, and now its activated and 'genuine'
    so ... thanks for all i m happy now!!!!!

bye

3. chubila

chubila MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2008
  4. scottbike10

scottbike10 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    I have followed most of the instructions, and thanks so much. I am back Genuine. The problem is that I am not sure which of the many things I did fixed it. I system restored to an earlier date, but that did not seem to help, and in fact screwed up Kaspersky. I think what worked was using the Daz Loader 1.7.7 and using the forceful option. Then there were some more updates that seemed to come from Microsoft.

So I have two more computers to do….I guess I will figure it out again.

Two more questions:
    1)Do I need to do something to to prevent Kb971033 from phoning home again, and having to do this again?
    2)In the instructions from cba1986:
    1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:….
    I tried inserting the Windows 7 DVD. I tried restarting with the DVD in the drive. But I don’t see the repair PC option. Where is it?

5. maxen

maxen MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2007
    #25 maxen, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    My afresh succesfuklly genuine

so i have do that:
    1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

remove wat was still there but
    reboot
    install Daz loader 177 defaultmode
    reboot
    uninstall removewat
    then allso this >at first the not genuine thing still appeared but i thought what the heck, i pressed the resolve online button, and it asked me to download the checker tool together with the kb971033 update again. so i did, and now its activated and 'genuine'
    It took a long while to be validated

6. asfalt

asfalt MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2011
    I believe i just did the dumbest thing possible... regarding w7 ... i installed sp1 , i got the genuine stuff , , i tried to remove my older removewat , i sort'a did it,sort'a because during uninstallation it stopped , , i installed daz loader 2.0.0 ,i got an error while uninstalling , reboot , install , reboot ,i installed removewat, i accessed the microsoft site , and i installed the WAT stuf :| What should i do now? i tried to delete npwatweb.dll and watweb.dll , from the wat folder in system32 and i couldn't , i'm, desperate.... i don't want to install my windows again...

7. asfalt

asfalt MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2011
    Thank you ! i did all you said and i passed as genuine after i installed wat from microsoft site. i'm still skepticall though.... i believe this wat is spam... is there another way to pass as genuine without installing wat ? or to uninstall it after the genuine test took place ?

8. asfalt

asfalt MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2011
    can you tell me the code or the name of the update ?
    And btw i entered cmd prompt and when i typed sfc/scannow it said :"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc utility ."
    When i tried to write run as administrator in the cmd console it said :"run" is not recognized as an internal or external command , operable program or batch file.

Thanx for your help !