WAT what is the lastest news

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bigvern, Apr 29, 2010.

1. bigvern

bigvern MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2010
    Sorry I havn't been on for awhile since I'm backing working and have very little time now and even less time to read threw hundreds of postings. Can anyone tell me what the latest updates are that need to be avoided to keep my windows seven activated. I know about the 1033 one but has there been anymore released lately that needs to be avoided also. Thanks in advance for your help

2. redstone

redstone MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    Yeah Im in the same boat. I come here a couple times a week and still get confused on where to get a definite yes/no on what updates can raise red flags. So far as I can tell the one update you mentioned 1033 is the only one to avoid.

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Create a backup on another drive before you apply any updates - that way you can roll back if necessary - you should do this anyway as updates have often caused unintentional side effects.

The only anti-piracy update is the WAT one and is likely to be the only one for the rest of 7's life - just like SP1 was Vista's only anti-piracy effort.

WAT may change though as it is a continuing effort - anti-piracy for Vista was put on hold due to the extreme need for M$ to recover from the bad publicity and extremely low levels of uptake of Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...