We Couldn't Install Some Updates Because......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChaserLee, Dec 18, 2015.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    OK, I'd like to know just exactly what brain-e-act works at MS that thought up the message I just got a few minutes ago. I want their job, along with their pay!!

So, I'm doing Windows Updates through the regular settings section, and it informs me that an update is available for AMD High Def Device. I start the download going, and it downloads the update fine, and then after a bit of busy cursor indication, it tells me plain as day "We Couldn't Install Some Updates Because The PC Was Turned Off". WHAT??? I'm sitting right here, looking at the screen, and it tells me that it's turned off??? And again, who, who, who thinks these things up? If my PC is off, do I need a message telling me of that? LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    OMG we thought this was funny...I wanna be your assistant.

3. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Keyboard is not connected, press F1 to continue. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bpwnes

bpwnes MDL Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I got a warning message installing Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 that stated "This publisher is untrusted, are you sure you wish to run this?" or something to that effect, and right underneath it said "Publisher: Microsoft".

5. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    No Prob!! You have now been promoted to Vice President in Charge of Meaningless Notifications. We will stencil your name in the reserved parking lot section tomorrow. ;)

6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Wait.... You mean I need a keyboard for this Windows thingy to work?? :D

7. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Well, I suppose the message you got says it all......

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Write MS a letter and tell them they are a few fries shy of a happy meal, I got a message once that told me I needed updates, went and checked, needed none, moral of story is do not be surprised at anything anymore now that we are being force fed.:D

9. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014

Yeah, but the one I got has got to be almost at the top of ridiculous, even for MS. I'm not bashing the OS, it is what it is, and much better than the alternatives, IMHO, but I mean, really? It tells me the computer is off, when I'm sitting there reading the message?? Why would a MS programmer even think up such a thing? :g:

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I can't answer that, lol, it's just to funny, I am simply at a loss for words, I'm laughing to hard :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

11. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Yeah, it got me to laughing so hard that it didn't even matter that the driver didn't get installed on the first try... Hey, maybe that's why they thought it up... if they mess up a driver install, just get the end-user to laugh so hard, they forget all about the OS mess-up...... :D

12. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Yea, if you were not laughing so hard you might have made a screenshot, might have been worth a lot to someone, lol, yup, a lot of whatever to keep that from making the rounds, is your computer on now, lol, jk :g: