Weird error: Disk not showing on task manager

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by profyler, Jun 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. profyler

profyler MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2013
    #1 profyler, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Guys,

Good Morning.
    I have a problem that I couldn't solve or find anyone with the same error.

Every time I had an AgeOfEmpires 4 update, I noticed that instead of downloading the update, it downloaded the entire game! Every time!

I thought it was a problem with the Xbox app or the windows 11 microsoft store. But I don't think it's this problem.

I believe that the problem is because sometimes my computer does not show the C and D drives in the task manager. I don't know why but the computer works and accesses the drives normally! it just doesn't show up in the task manager. After 5 minutes it appears. I've never seen anything like it.

The problem is that as shown in the photo, while the drivers do not appear in the task manager, the Xbox store itself does not let me install the game ("Desconhecido disponiveis" means "unknown" on the xbox app on left) because it doesn show a drive to be installed and I believe that this is the problem of it not being able to update correctly.

I already reset the apps, scan for errors and reinstalled drivers but nothing helped. Before formatting the computer I was wondering if anyone else has any tips. My hands are tied.

thank you and sorry for my english and if I instered this thread in the wrong place, sorry about that too.
    Karin

Attached Files:

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    What should be done next with this information?
    Too general to decide or guess something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I used to solve a problem like this

PowerShell
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *store* | Remove-AppxPackage

CMD
    install_wim_tweak /o /c Microsoft-Windows-ContentDeliveryManager /r
    install_wim_tweak /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Store /r
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore" /v RemoveWindowsStore /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore" /v DisableStoreApps /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v "EnableWebContentEvaluation" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PushToInstall" /v DisablePushToInstall /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v SilentInstalledAppsEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    sc delete PushToInstall

PowerShell
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

CMD
    sc delete XblAuthManager
    sc delete XblGameSave
    sc delete XboxNetApiSvc
    sc delete XboxGipSvc
    reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /f
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /disable
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTaskLogon" /disable
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v AllowGameDVR /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...