What about this bin file !

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Beowulf, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #1 Beowulf, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    ECS-Elitegroup[ECSSYS-ECSPRDCT-NVDA]2.0.bin = 73029D58 | NO CERT
    , i have a motherboard that is Elitegroup so can i use this bin file to activate Vista, any one please reply, and if i can how do i go about installing it ,much thanks. It has no certificate so, and i am quite new in this things as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Come on, that is not that difficult...

.bin IS the SLIC

SLIC in BIOS (or loader) + SLP OEM key + certficicate that matches SLIC = Offline OEM activation

If any bit is missing then the activation will not happen

So if you have no certificate then it will NOT happen

sebus

3. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Ohhh i see, thank you for clearing that up. If only someone could provide a Certificate for ECS (aka EliteGroup) for not so popular Vista, anwways i was trying to do in a legal or ethical way. Wel can't help here , if someone has a Certificate for ECS Vista can someone please upload it.

PS: By the way Sebus i have backed up all the Certificates and the product id and not too familiar with the ACPI Table and Memory Dump,and DMI Diagnose and !Table_Index.txt etc etc by SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2.EXE . So i want to ask after backing up all these files where and how do i make an OEM Win 7 Disc that can do an offline activation.
    Please answer this question as now a days i am repairing a lot of Win 7 Lappies and i need to make an SLP OEM Disc that can do an offline activation.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Or if u saved the the cert by SLIC Dump Toolkit, then can u pls share that??

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Nothing of madness.... :D

I checked A7Toolkit & surprised to see that its a mistake!!!! Checked again with Freestyler's toolkit and got the same result :eek:

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes Tito thanks, I have PM'd Alphawaves to let him know the result.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009

Attached Files:

• ECS.zip
      File size:
      96.4 KB
      Views:
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Slic dumptoolkit cannot dump a certificate from a windows xp installation. You can only get certificate from an OEM:SLP system that has been preinstalled with vista or windows 7. You have no choice either use a loader or bios mod if you want activation.

13. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I think he still does not get the point that BIOS needs to be modded to have the SLIC (unless manufacturer made one, which is not the case here)
    Just a bin file is not enough for anything

Time to start reading & learning

@Beowulf: And what to be so hanged on the ECS? Just stick any SLIC where there is certificate (plenty!)
    It really makes no difference to anything - don't kid yourself! whichever way you are NOT LEGAL!

sebus

14. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #14 Beowulf, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    (OP)
    OK i want to flash my BIOS that will accept the SLIC 2.1 in my motherboard and that will activate Win7 offline , can't do the same thing for Vista os which lacks in popularity. I want Win7 in the first partition and Win xp in the second, i am happy with XP all this time, can't fathom any reason why i want Win7 in my another partition for no reason and lot or reason to avoid it .
    Maybe Humans have that kernel desire to stick with the herd... kind of mentality . Even if sometimes it would be for no good cause for himself.

i see now their is not Certicate for Vista for ECS motherboard and for Win 7 too so modding would be a good choice.
    I am not too familiar with these terms and terminology like SLIC .SLP and some other terms usually used here , pardon me here.
    Altough i have few question and i.e., if after modding the BIOS to accept Slic 2.1 will i be able to remove it after i update my BIOS firmware.

Please reply here:
    Thank you.

PS: About the legal thing isn't installing XP with SLP OEM keys legal , if not then what good are those oembiosfile and the SLP Keys provided by Microsoft which can be found in the stickies on XP side of the forum. ???????

15. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Can someone mod my Bios for me, i would remain greatful toward you or is it any way possible to do it by myself.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Mind reading is difficult, so you could help by providing board model and/or direct link to the BIOS download

sebus