What do you think about Electric Cars?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Will your next car be electric?

1. My next car will be electric

2. I’ll wait several years for prices to drop

3. I’m not convinced by them, I’ll buy conventional

4. I am undecided, far more info is required

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    AHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:p:D Nice one, m8!:p:D:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ion-linked-to-rise-in-depression-finds-study?

Small increases in air pollution linked to rise in depression, finds study
    Exclusive: Cutting pollution levels may help to reduce rates of mental health problems, say scientists

Damian Carrington Environment editor
    [​IMG]
    The London study found an incremental increase in NO2, largely produced by diesel vehicles, heightened the risk of common mental disorders by 39%. Photograph: Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images
    Small increases in people’s exposure to air pollution are linked to significant rises in depression and anxiety, according to the first such study of UK adults.

The researchers found that an incremental increase in nitrogen dioxide, largely produced by diesel vehicles, heightened the risk of common mental disorders by 39%. For tiny particle pollution, which comes from burning fuels, and brake and tyre dust, the risk rose by 18%.

The scientists also found that people living in places with higher levels of particle pollution were twice as likely to experience mental health problems as those in the least polluted areas. The researchers acknowledged that other factors were important for mental health, such as genetics and childhood experiences, but added that, unlike these, air pollution could be prevented.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Senior Member

Nov 7, 2013
    JFC !!! ...... Poor people are twice as likely to experience mental health problems than rich people !!! :)