What do you think about Electric Cars?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Will your next car be electric?

1. My next car will be electric

2. I’ll wait several years for prices to drop

3. I’m not convinced by them, I’ll buy conventional

4. I am undecided, far more info is required

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Electric mite be in the future but still has a long way to go the technology is just not their yet. plus the US consumer loves their gas cars way to much, theirs not much of a appetite here for electric.

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #122 gorski, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Joe/WG, I'm afraid guys like YOU are not paying any attention: these batteries are way better than anyone expected and you are unlikely to go a million km in them anyway... One of the major and strongest points to mention, when talking about Tesla EVs, is certainly the sheer quality and phenomenal safety of its products. Their cars are always amongst the very top, when it comes to testing for safety.
    http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-x-crash-test/ and
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ric-suv-earnings-top-safety-marks/102854464/#

After that, they are/will be recycled and reused. They must be, Earth is a finite resource!!!

Moreover, new types of batteries are coming all the time. There's no stopping human ingenuity, fired by necessity!!!

Significantly (NOTA BENE!!!), the whole of Germany, day-by-day, is getting close to 80% of renewables and I don't see a price hike. Do you?

It is much cheaper to drive on electrics and environment friendlier. Pull an oil based "logic" to kill this one outta of a hat now, I dare you...

The prices of batteries and EVs is falling steadily, as the economies of scale do their thang, plus the state is giving good incentives to encoiurage their usage ever more (just see my videos)......

That speed is actually 'realistic' in London, for instance, for most of our driving (speed cameras are everywhere and 30mph is the limit most of the time). Loadsa hybrids are already EVs at those speeds, especially cabs and buses...

Anyway, ostrich game is not my thing...

For my kids - I want EV!

And for their kids!!!

And theirs.....

And...

OK?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    #123 WindowsGeek, Sep 14, 2017
    U sound like u work for tesla are they paying u;)

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And you sound like a dork...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    U tell me, u been pushing tesla down everyone's throats in this thread like a drug dealer standing in the corner.

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, in the thread about EVs I am stoopid enough to explore all of its aspects, duh!!!:rolleyes:

Now, with all of my super powers, ramming my stuff down other people's throats is like... exciting!!! Take it, b*&@#!!! :rolleyes::D:p:D

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #127 Mr.X, Sep 14, 2017
    Says the PhiloTroll :D:cool::p;)
    Ad-hominem.jpg

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @WindowsGeek: The technology is getting better. And once China gets involved, they'll completely change the playing field.
    You see, we don't need to do it in the US. Unless you want us to end up like many cities in China;
    Polluted to the point where you have to wear a mask and carry oxygen bottles. :eek:

In NYC, where I live, There are fleets of electric trucks delivering products to stores as we speak.
    And that nonsense about US consumers loving their gasoline / diesel powered vehicles is a myth.

The US consumer likes anything that's cheap. ;) If and when the price-point for electric comes to a place where
    the average consumer sees the savings, they'll bite.

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    SAYS the world class witless who rejects eugenics to have even more stupids revolving around him... to worship him.
    HE who wants to be the all mighty, all intelligence, superior intellect. And anyone else... the stupids.
    For what? To troll them, mock them, to rub his "superiority" in their faces. :)

@Katzenfreund
    Sorry for my offs, promise. This was the last one against Gorski Einstein-son Tesla.

11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i think gorski work a deal with tesla were if he brings them 10 buyers he gets their low end model for free;)

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    MJoy, do you own a car?
    At one time the U.S. was polluted, and we enacted laws to clean things up. China is so dirty today because they have no emission standards like we do here in the U.S. If China attempts to restrict it's pollution, it will have to fairly compete with other world nations. If China does get involved, as the way China does things.... it'll most likely be from stolen ideas from someplace else. China does have that reputation

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    They are still better than the non-existent laws China has.
    You missed my point. China is much dirtier because they have little or no environment laws. Currently I think China is very busy creating super fund sites for themselves, anything goes for more profits. China also has lax labor laws, Which is why it is much cheaper to produce anything there rather than here in the U.S. We all know what laptop batteries did just a few years ago.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=burning laptop battery recall&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Imagine if that were when that will to happen to EV batteries

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think in Holland they have the powered road. If you can create a large grid like that and utilize solar to power it then would be good you won't need such a big battery in the vehicle and you can use a more efficient one. But I don't think the future is the personal vehicle, it's very efficient public transport. Personal vehicles are a massive waste of resources like personal jets are but on a smaller scale. I think in future the population will be in large centrally powered cities and it will eliminate the need for personal vehicle.

15. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    in truth no one really knows in 100 or 200 years what human will use to transport themselves......now give gorski hes free tesla hes earn it;)

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #136 Joe C, Sep 14, 2017
    Why do you stay in that city?
    I grew up mostly in the country and recently moved to the "burbs" I can't stand it and I'm looking forward to selling this place to get back out into the sticks. If it's that nasty, leave... move out of town and get an electric car

Your link was to a wiki to the Super Fund site, Which appears to show that you were in fact comparing the U.S. pollution's to the of China That was the point you missed.

I asked if you owned a car because it did not sound like you did... and you do not

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Some here are completely witless or worse, right-wing loonies who want to exterminate parts of the population - and they are telling me off for trying to be rational.... Swell!

And no, it isn't Tesla vehicles, it's the principle! It could be anybody who manages to do it efficiently, with minimal pollution and great quality, built to last...

But some here wouldn't know a principle even if it hit them on the head with a sledgehammer...

P.S. R2D2: that solar road isn't working like that yet... But OK, it's moving... ;) :)

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And sooner than one can say "Tesla!" - here they come...

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...erm=243679&subid=20906735&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  20. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    [reads list and is shocked at the number of sites which were stone throws for former places of residence only listed because they were landfills which ran out of money before being capped. and the one which does belong on that list, which by the way is a popular fishing spot, was formerly run by the... Drum roll please... Air Force.]

:rofl:

Hate to break it to ya miss genius but people can and do live there... Some even work there. I did.

Who is it that knows nothing ? :rolleyes: