What do you think about the new Jelly Bean 4.1.0 ???

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Jul 16, 2012.

1. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    They are busy porting it to galaxy gio. I'm waiting eagerly :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    Just Flashed my first JB ROM from DerTeufel and all i can say it´s really smooth and 100% for daily use.
    Has some really nice and new futures that i like,with the proper kernel it´s faster and smoother then my current ICS ROM ;)
    A small bug here and there is no big problem for me :hug2:
    Only thing that sucks badly are the (sorry for my language) s**t wallpapers that JB has,hate those colors PFUIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :ranting:

Tomorrow going to try a JB ROM from Elite,people say it´s maybe better then then from DerTeufel,have to see it for myself :cool:

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    What phone do you have?

I'm currently running cm9 beta 9 from maclaw.

5. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    I have SGS I9000

Just flashed a JB ROM based on CM10 from pawtip :)
    First impression is awesome,reading through thread that people have some problems with camera/video/pictures but probably didn´t do a FULL WIPE like i did.
    Then i don´t have any problems,still isn´t fast a s my current ICS ROM but probably will be faster with the next releases.

DerTeufel said he is working on a JB based kernel,i LOVE his kernels very easy to modify and the most customizable.

@ Stannie what phone are you using actually???

6. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    Just tried the newest JB ROM from DerTeufel and he improved the ROM much.
    Now i can say that JB ROMs are much faster then ICS ROMs,it runs very smooth,having no problems with lag,color of the screen seems to be very nice (black is black blue is blue etc... wasn´t always on ICS) :unsure:

Only thing i´m missing is Theme chooser apk,i want to change Themes and i can´t do it on Jelly Bean (for now :rolleyes:)

I really don´t know why the Samsung people are not updating SGS like other phones,i know it´s already old,but it´s still a fantastic phone and more then capable of running Jelly Bean on it :negative:
    That´s about it peeps

P.S. I´m just noticing that my Thread is starting to be like Nawzils threads,i´m writing alone in it.Well what to do..... :busted_blue:

7. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Never bothered to find more recent to my I9000 than 2.3.4 for one reason. I would lose a couple of custom patches I'm using. For example, the 2-way video with Google Talk is no big deal, but the one which corrects the bad SMS behaviour is a must have. All those patches are version dependant, so no upgrading even to 2.3.6 for me before the bugs are fixed.

That SMS patch? Phone has a bad habit to convert multipart SMS'es to MMS without giving a choice. Sending a MMS costs much more than several SMS'es here. The patch saves money for me. :smoking:

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #8 Stannieman, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Thanks for the info! My current contract end at september and I plan to get SGS III then for the next 2 years, but after getting familiar with it, I gues I can tinker a bit with this old SGS and try CM. ;)

10. mikearnill

mikearnill MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    I guess it is one of the coolest OS I had ever used. It have pretty smart user controls, lovely graphics, it gives different feeling while using this OS. So I won't hesitate to recommend this OS.