What do you think of Apple products?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Katzenfreund, Apr 11, 2017.

?

What do you think of Apple products?

1. They are high quality and reasonably priced

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. They are good quality but expensive

244 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. They are regular quality and overpriced

135 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. WindowsMyStyle

WindowsMyStyle MDL Member

May 2, 2018
    Absurd who chose: "They are high quality and reasonably priced" :)

purchased a 6599 Euro "Mac Pro"

Disassembled to see all the components ...
    Real value, 1000 Euros !!!

The other 5599 Euros for what you pay ?! For the apple logo ?! for the Software ?!
    Come on, let's not joke ...

Their strong point is the software (not hardware) fully optimized for their products!
    Get out of their software and you realize you have cheap hardware ... (compared to what you paid)

Windows and Android must cover millions of possible hardware configurations ... so as far as they can work, they will never be optimized to the best (same thing for the various programs)

Apple only needs to do this for 3-4 products

Now you understand in Apple they are not geniuses as many think ... they simply have an infinitely less complex job than the competition.

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    When people say "Let me get the iPhone" They must have done something correct?!...It's a fancy gadget for fancy people etc...etc...
    It's all cool.....Personally think it's (all) overrated....

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  6. ibay770

ibay770 MDL Member

Oct 9, 2015
    The design is amazing. I wonder how their fighter jets would look if they went into partnership with Lockheed..The price tag and locked in software model howeverz turns me off. I think they would do better to allow Mac /iOS to run on other device and charge one fee like Microsoft did

7. Procrastinus

Procrastinus MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Way overpriced! But for some - it's 'the emporer's clothes'!!

8. Asa Akida

Asa Akida MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2020
    I think apple makes overall good products a bit overpriced but overall good battery life and mobile performance. Apple hardware is good and reliable in my experience, the battery in the laptop and tablet also have 1000 charge cycles.

People like to talk about good software support but I disagree because its so locked down. Windows gets 10 years of updates using ltsc, and linux has many desktop environment options suited for the different ages of devices. Android apps also support older versions for longer, and you can sideload apps and install custom roms. At the end of apple lifecycle I find that the ios version makes the battery and speed of the device off putting to use. Also apple mobile software is limiting, macos is better but still lacks features like window snapping found in windows and linux for the past 10 years...

9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You probably have no idea what you're talking about.