What do you think of Apple products?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Katzenfreund, Apr 11, 2017.

?

What do you think of Apple products?

1. They are high quality and reasonably priced

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. They are good quality but expensive

244 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. They are regular quality and overpriced

135 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. ultimo404

ultimo404 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2017
    They're good quality but really expensive. I do not like their walled garden approach but the products are reliable.

2. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I think they're not worth paying the price for. I can buy a cheaper one and still be able to download most if not all apps I need and want. I don't find buying Apple products practical.

3. joshuah418

joshuah418 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2013
    I'm more of an Windows user, but I do own a MacBook Pro.

4. 1595901624

1595901624 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2017
    If iOS can be used on Android devices,the Apple will go bankrupt.

5. David555

David555 MDL Junior Member

Dec 12, 2017
    My wife uses iPhone myself samsung and from apple products I had iphone once for a short time and gave up on it, I also had ipod its burried somewhere i dont use it anymore.
    I dont like apple products because of theyre overpriced and when you update os you can't go back and you need iTunes to put music on your iphone.
    Microsoft has begun turning Windows into ios and I guess in the future i will have to ibstall linux on my pc

6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    omg.:sofa:
    ni hau. it is not only against the rules to use any other language than english, it is not polite.
    and if i understand goddamn google translate correctly, it seems to be commercially- inspired too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ipbexc

ipbexc MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2016
    I use iOS and Windows. These are different operating systems. They can not be compared. I use the MAC OS to protect against malicious code when using the Internet. I like Windows for various programs, which are very many. Advantages and disadvantages can be listed endlessly.

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Not poking fun at you, but I suggest you google "Speculative Execution flaw". It affects the CPU, so everything is vulnerable.

Take a read here:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...could-result-in-a-huge-performance-hit.76081/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    :laie:

-BUT-

Rafe is right. We are not safe. ;)

10. Rafe

Rafe MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2015
    :)
    Guess what i´m trying to say:
    Keep an open mind.

:)

11. ipbexc

ipbexc MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2016
    I do not want to make fun of anyone either, but ...

The problems of Intel and BitTorrent are not related to iOS. Or Windows. Or Linux. I thought we were discussing Apple products. If this is someone's consolation, then I'm not a fan of Apple. But visiting doubtful sites is better through Safari ...

12. Mitchelle Williams

Mitchelle Williams MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2018
    Two words for Apple - Quality and Costly but i agree that quality comes with cost

13. bebondi

bebondi MDL Member

Apr 24, 2017
    I just voted on the thread, good quality, expensive but with a plus on security. Good to have. :)

14. harvest

harvest MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2018
    #76 harvest, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    I don't like what Apple has become today. I had a lot of Apple products (iMac, iPads, iPhones and still use their wifi routers).

best combination for me is android + hackintosh :)

15. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    Be honest to you, Apple are quite expensive to buy and Good Quality. However, You can make your own "Hackintosh" and simple follow some site at Tom86 site, they have list of hardware that will work, some parts may be little pricey and less pricey to make your own iMac.. In few year, the Apple will stop using Intel (Hackintosh), they are going to use there own chip Apple ARM cpu..

To myself, my choice, I like imac computer, But most of my stuff is PC.. and I don't even own iPhone at all, Because I use Android smartphone.. But I do have iPods/iPod Touch..

16. yankee89

yankee89 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2012
    The software quality of macOS and iOS is not good. They lack direction and vision. Tim Cook only focuses on iPhone and nothing else. If iPhone fails, Apple will fail.

17. goldfinger

goldfinger MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Macs have always been bad in terms of quality. Either the OS was bad or the hardware was bad. The classic Mac OS was so unstable any application could take down the whole system. OS X improved on that, but then the hardware became bad. Beautiful, but bad. G4 cube I got and it overheated, plastic yellowed and cracked. I have had four Apple laptops and the first three have died on me because of a dead GPU:

Powerbook G4: dead ATI GPU
    Macbook Pro (2006): dead ATI GPU
    Macbook Pro (2011): dead AMD GPU

But it's not only ATI/AMD GPUs that die, Nvidia GPUs die on Macs too.

Now the latest Macbooks have problems with their keyboards and the screens make a loud pop sound when the warm up. WTF? Oh and their GPUs will probably start dying soon too.

Why do I keep buying these POS computers? They're beautiful, the trackpad can't be beat, the 16:10 Retina screen is easy on the eyes, and I'm married to the Mac/iOS ecosystem. It's like I have battered user syndrome. My 2015 MBP will be my last Mac for sure. I'm leaving you Apple, I can't take anymore of your abuse.

18. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Apple products are great although expensive.