What do you think of Apple products?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Katzenfreund, Apr 11, 2017.

?

What do you think of Apple products?

1. They are high quality and reasonably priced

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. They are good quality but expensive

244 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. They are regular quality and overpriced

135 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. r33p

r33p MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    iOS 13 ipados 13 = awesome
    MacOS any version= terrible locked in pos

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #162 Muerto, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

3. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I've been in the Technology Industry since the mid 1980s. Again, when you install NEW SOFTWARE on an older computer / device, yes it will run much slower. If you don't want to get a new coomputer / device every two or three years, DO NOT install the new OS.

How simple is this?!?

Apple along with other developers, M$ as well, do the same thing. Same thing for everything eldr! If you want the latest and best performance, you have to get a new (what ever) computer / device! Call my responces "extremely counter intuative" is only telling me that you know everything. Everything I post are from my point of view, and from my forty plus years of experience.

Everything works the same way, as we get older, we start slowing down. It's called getting older. Do you keep your first automobile or ten to twenty years? I know I don'y. It cost to much to keep. My advice to your commen, is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). It does no good complaining about things unless you can do better.

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #164 Muerto, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

5. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Okay, no harm done. I didn't know you can change the batteries in an older iPhone and make it run better.

6. jerseyboy

jerseyboy MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    iOS 13 has brought along some new improvements, "dark mode", for instance. The Apple eco-system is rather nice albeit, like with everything, it has it's shortcomings...

7. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I have a iPhone XS Max and upgraded to 13.0 and I was unable to Wireless charge my iPhone with iOS 14.2, I had no issues. Then upgraded to iOS 13.1 and the problem still remains.

8. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    there is ios/ipados 13.1.2 now :) soon more but updates are good when they fix the problems unlike useless android having to wait for hardware numbskulls who would rather sell hardware than update OS like real windows/windows server and ios; ok linux updates kernel and then you wait for your distro to update but still better than useless android security patches and os updates other than maybe google hardware at the top end :) :(

9. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Thank you, just updated to iOS 13.1.2..

10. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    if that don't fix upcoming 13.2 should come with more fixes and features but still weeks away or less :)

11. jerseyboy

jerseyboy MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    Apple watch 4 with latest OS6 is stable, reliable, and a lot of fun.

12. Ken Hardner

Ken Hardner MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2019
    All of my products are apple and I like them so much, they are easy to use

13. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I just switched from android/Windows to all Apple with a MacBook Pro 15 and an iPhone 11 Pro. Couldn't be happier. everything just works with no worries of updates breaking this or that or drivers. I love the integration between devices as well. Do one thing on one device like add a contact or take a pic and it's instantly on the other.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Brent Lorris

Brent Lorris MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2019
    they are so expensive. But its quality are very good

15. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Yeah, if you're talking about a motherboard with no MOSFET heatsink or a platter HDD, which a noticeably slow HDD, would mean it's failing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. I can only say this about the iMacs, to where I've had a positive experience with them over the years (of my college days and more recently at my place of work). Since 2015, I was going to think about switching to one but I kept faltering for some reason.

I do agree that iMacs as well as other of Apple's products are so expensive but, I was informed by an Apple Store employee years ago that they can be cheaper when it comes to hardware configuration for them (for example, not needing an SSD contributes to a much lower price of it overall). If I'm correct though, Macbooks are way more expensive :eek:

17. bekdan1988

bekdan1988 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2016
    I've positive experiences with all my Apple products (MBP 2015, iPhone 7, Apple TV)

18. pablomorfer

pablomorfer MDL Novice

May 12, 2020
    Overpriced, if you are a developer then you have some apps that you can't get on windows.

19. whoisandras

whoisandras MDL Novice

May 24, 2020
    I feel like quality and durability is falling behind big time. While there are great technological advances, they could go further however the issue is not this. There are few unacceptable problems that would require attention in my opinion.

I have a mid 2014 MacBook Pro, picked it up refurbished, good price and works amazingly great. However my friends 2017 Touch Bar MacBook Pro has the screen issues "flex gate" the has not even been addressed by Apple.

I did love my original i4, i5, i5S, SE and recently picked up a brand new iPhone 7 which is pretty amazing to be honest. So thing is I love Apple because of its operating system on all devices. Wish they would keep to their principles of quality first over money.