What happens when proper release

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lostpassword, Jul 27, 2015.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    When the proper release comes from Microsoft what will happen ?

I now have 10240 32 bit Pro working fine and activated thanks to all the help I have had here. I stuck with the WZOR release as most people think it OK.

1) Will it automatically update to the proper version and stay activated ?. Do not want a lot of Junk with 10240 being backed up in loads of folders.

or

2) Could I reinstall the proper version (assuming it will be available here) after formatting, and still use the KMS_VL_ALL.cmd to activate, or will it not even need activating again? I am registered with Microsoft for 10 - Not 100% certain of my status, but NOT a developer, only a lesser member.

In the past I have always formatted and reinstalled, as I do not like the backups of the old version. I have never restored a system in my life. Being retired time is not a big deal, and I am lucky to have several machines. Data is always stored on a different partition or second Hard drive. Vital data is on DVD and a RAR sent to 2 Google accounts. If the extension is renamed from RAR to something else, it is accepted by GMAIL. Just rename back to UNRAR. Always encrypt and use a long RAR password. The Excel files also have own password, but I believe they are easily broken. A long RAR password is supposed to he hard to break.

Thanks in advance for answer.

2. pramodm

pramodm MDL Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Once we hit July 29, 2015, you can fresh install your PC with the then available version (GA/MSDN) of Windows 10.
    Your activation status will remain intact if you took the Genuine Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 upgrade path.

Status of a KMS activation is still under question because M$ could update the KMS logic to a different one with the advent of Windows 10.