What I like, what I don't

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dolorous Edd, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I like the new explorer features.
    I like the task manager.
    I like the file copy dialogue and features.
    It seems faster, it seems more stable.

I hate the flat look. MS has spent the last 20 plus years improving the interface aesthetically and had the OS just about perfect with Windows 7 then they rip the rug out from under us and give us flat, clunky, obtrusive etc.

I hate the fact that every single program that I use kicks me right back to the desktop (where I want to be anyway). Why in the hell should MS force users like me who only use certain programs to conform to this new UI when the programs we use, even the MS programs kick us to the desktop environment.

I installed using my Technet license and was just about to say f' it but I went ahead and tried classic shell and I am starting to enjoy it and I am even starting to play around with Metro but it is going to take some decent third party programs to really attract me to using Metro (or whatever they call it now).

Bill G. should unretire and fire all of them. IMHO Metro and Windows should be two distinct OS's. No need to try and marry the two.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...