What I need to use computer with wireless mike to record

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jraju, Nov 6, 2015.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    What are the things that I need to record songs in computer with the help of wireless mikes.
    I bought wired/wireless mike from market and tried to record. While wired mike work with the converter attached to the old computer in mike slot, the wireless mike does not. It even not recognized by the computer. The wireless mike has a receiver, which has a battery inside. It does not glow the red light, when i insert the receiver to the converter in ON position. It came with a tranmitter which has to be fitted with wireless mike.
    Leading markets does not have what i want or they have the things of which they are not well versed with use with computer or i could not make them understand.
    Will any body suggest better solution to how to do. I have audacity program for recording

2. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Connect the receiver to Line input (Light Blue colored ep socket) of your PC.

Are you interested in just recording for FUN or more serious Music making ? If yes I can help you.:D

3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #3 jraju, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    (OP)
    HI, I mean seariously.
    I have inserted the same in red jockey, the wrong way, as guided by the shop man. The red light is not glowing. Do you think that it is damaged due to inserting of receiver in mike, instead of line in as you say.
    Can i test. Would the right light glow if i insert in line in. Moreover, should the light in receiver in ON position before plugging to the converter to the line in should glow or will it glow only on plugging to the computer. Your help would , i think, may solve my problem. Please,
    or Should i buy another new one and try to plugging in to line input, light blue jockey. :)

4. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Normally the Red/Pink EP Socket in the computer is powered since Electret/Condenser Mic is connected to it - small mic found in all headsets. You cannot connect normal dynamic mic or line out to this socket.

Check the battery. It should glow when you switch it ON even without connecting to the computer input.

Normally output is coupled using capacitors - so can't get damaged easily. Even if the output gets damaged the RED light should glow.
    TRY changing the batteries. (Watch out for polarity as it may damage the equipment if inserted the wrong way.

Yes. Connect it to input of any amplifier or TV. But it will not work unless the RED light glows. Also check the battery inside your Microphone and ON/OFF switch on the Microphone - It should be Two way switch - one way ON for normal wired operation and other way for Wireless mode ON.

If it doesn't work ask the shop keeper to replace it and ask him to test using line input before taking the new one.

If you can post the picture of your MIC with accessories - May be I can know about the model.

5. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #5 jraju, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    (OP)
    i,
    It is not a brand model but chinese made with no guarantee attached.
    Your tips are helpful and will test everything in it. I forgot to check the redlight at the time of buying. But as you say, it should be in one if power on, without connection to pc,then it is something with the batteries or the receiver. It is only few hundred rupees and i will check to see with change in battery. Would the incorrect battery , for the receiver , would be the cause?

There is no manual to know the correct power of battery. MY wireless mike has one battery and the same was prescribed for receiver also.
    I tried higher end wireless mikes, but shopmen do not know about their products, but selling them if we say a model .
    Somebody suggested headphone mike, and i went in search of it, but came to know that it is used for only for replying as another mike for replying to telephonic talk.
    I will post the picture for easy reference. Regarding testing at the shop, they do not have any comp to test it before giving the no guaranteed product.
    I tried leading PA system ahuja, and they said they need a extra processor like behringer ufo 202 to be connected to the pc along with wireless mike of ahuja. The cost of the ufo being near 6500 rupees. The cost of mike is 1500 rupees and i have to wait for the import of the same for 15 days. Latest update: changed battery has no effect. As you pointed , is it possible that the insertion of the receiver to the powered hub, ie mike would have short circuited, with battery on ON position. I have enclosed the accessories excluding the mike , like transmitter, receiver, converter to computer jockey, and the jockeys of rear of computer , and the switchon position of receiver not glowing.

Attached Files:

6. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #6 Engineer2k2, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    The Microphone you are using is a FM based and might not work properly with computer due to RF interference from the Computer. These mics are prone to interference as they are not properly shielded and don't have noise suppression circuits as well due to cost.

Tips:

Try to use a 1.5 Meter Phono Female to Male EP jack extension cable instead of Converter and keep the receiver away from the Computer to avoid interference. May be of help.

But before using with computer try this with any PA amplifier (It should work). Switch off any TV, Computer or Mobile around the receiver to avoid any interference.

Insert the battery in receiver as well as Mic. Switch Microphone in ON position and Switch ON the receiver as well. Keep the Microphone within range of the receiver. If LED does not light - use a screw to press the RESET hole on the receiver. Connect the receiver to the input of any PA Amplifier and check.

Caution: Double check Battery polarity while inserting in Microphone and Receiver.

Reset the Receiver while the MIC is in ON position. Also before using as normal wired Mic do REMOVE the battery from the Microphone.

While using as wired MIC - Switch should be in MIC position to work.
    While using as cordless MIC - Switch should be in ON position to work.

Try out the above steps and revert back.:cool:

7. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #7 jraju, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    (OP)
    , Hi, You mean polarity is + and - of battery is it? or other things?
    First of all my receiver does not get power on while inserting battery. I never took the battery from it when in wired connection. Thanks for the tip. Ofcourse, there are three positions on the mike. But there was no help file to how to position. Thanks for the second tip
    How to reset the receiver? There is no provision. Just a cover for inserting battery.
    I will buy another before trying your tips.
    The link is given, so that further help may be still more useful to me.
    The name of the device is Sound of Heaven WM-308.
    YOur quote:Try to use a 1.5 Meter Phono Female to Male EP jack extension cable instead of Converter and keep the receiver away from the Computer to avoid interference. May be of help.
    There is no provision to have anything of extension cable to connect with receiver to connect to mike jack

Attached Files:

8. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi,Engineer, I am expecting your reply regarding what to do with the device i have given in the attachment. My assumptions: 1.connect the converter to the mike jack on the rear side of computer, remove the battery in the wireless mike, and connect the wire to the mike and place the mike in ON position,(not mike position) and just connect the other end to the converter for wired connection. 2.Connect the receiver to the converter and then connect the same with the computer in the line in blue jack at the back on (receiver ON position) and then connect the mike with the transmitter,by inserting battery in to it and then place the mike in mike position to get connected with the computer for recording.3. So the mikes are to be inserted only when wireless mike is used? Please ok the assumptions i draw from this thread on your advice.

9. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Mic socket on the rear side of computer is designed for Electret Mic (Power is present in the socket) - This is a dynamic Mic and may get damaged and may also damage your Mic socket.

While using as wired switch should be in Mic position as I stated earlier.

No the switch should be in ON position to work as wireless and will be in off if kept in Mic position.

Batteries should be inserted only when wireless Mic is suppose to be used.