What is "ME FW Update Failed,Please Try again!" mean! Who can help solve the problem?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by simy_envy17, Sep 1, 2012.

1. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    After Flash the BIOS,I got the error:ME FW Update Failed,Please Try again!

And,I don't do anthing to ME,also I don't know what is ME too!!!

So, is there anybody get the same error before? and how did you solved the problem?

Could anybody give me a hand for the problem please?

Thank You So Much!!!:worthy:

my problem is that I update my BIOS to a uncheck BIOS file from search,and it led the laptop bricked!But,in the other post "HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!Can somebody give me the ENVY 17t-1100 bios file from your NB!!!"SOCRATE_MMXII have help me and I have had the BIOS recovery!also,I have hade it up to date!
    But,however,the laptop can't work fine because the new problem "ME FW update failed,Please try again".The problem led my laptop shutdown/Half-hour,and I really don't know how to fix the problem now!!!
    So, please help me!!!
    The question in your reply are:
    1.yes,the system starts,but shutdown/half-hour
    2.I can enter to bios settings,but there is not any configure the I can fix the problem because the advance menu isn't unlocked!!!
    3.I have really had my bios update many times,but the problem can't solved!!!
    4.my system is win7 ultimate
    5.and the board brand is HP envy 17t-1100 144D
    6.the bios is insyde

Just tell me what I can do next or I can try?

2. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    I have search by google all day long!
    And now I know that "ME FW" means Management Engine Firmware!!!
    But,I can't find the Management Engine Firmware for Envy 17(17t-1100),or there is not a Management Engine Firmware then!!!
    So,if someone know what to do for the Management Engine Firmware Update,please give me help please!!!

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    do update of bios again.. original not mod

4. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    Yes, I have done this several times,and I have try the all original vesion that I can find at hp.com.
    But it doesn't work!
    The problem is still trouble me again an again!
    I just wander what is the intel management engine and does it running in my laptop?Because I couldn't find any information about the envy 17(or 17t-1100)has ME in it!Also,I couldn't find any information about how to fix it or any driver for it!!!
    So,please help me if you know anything about it!I would be very grateful to you!

5. ViperMatrixXM

ViperMatrixXM MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    #5 ViperMatrixXM, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
    3. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key down at the same time while the computer is off.
    4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 3 seconds and then release the Power button and the keys.
      The screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays.
      NOTE: If the computer fails to display an HP BIOS Update screen, press and hold thePower button for 5 seconds to turn off the computer. Wait 5 seconds and try again. If, after repeated attempts, you cannot open the HP BIOS Update screen, your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.
      Recovering the BIOS using an external storage deviceIf the HP_TOOLS volume on your HDD has been deleted, a USB key with an HP_TOOLS volume can be used as an alternative. The key can be created manually or by using the HP UEFI BIOS Update SoftPAQ or the new HP UEFI Support Environment SoftPAQ and selecting the Create a USB key option. The USB key does not have to be bootable. However, this assumes the boot block is not corrupted in which case a repair is required.
      To recover the BIOS on your notebook using the USB key:

1. Plug the notebook into an AC adapter.
      2. Insert the USB key with HP_Tools installed into an available USB port.
      3. Press the Power button while holding the Windows key and the B key.
      4. The emergency recovery feature replaces the BIOS with the version on the USB key. The computer reboots automatically when the process is completed successfully.

You are now able to enter into the BIOS screens or Windows operating system after recovering the BIOS.

You should run the actual BIOS Update UEFI then the BIOs Update. See if that works.

6. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    Yes,I have just done like this!!! And it is completed successfully everytime!!!And I have upgraded and degraded several times also!!!
    Also I can start the system!!!But the problem is that the system shutdown every half-hour!!!And I think the ME FW update failed led it to that!!!

So,do you have any other suggestion?
    Anyway thank you very much!

7. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    First of all,thank you for your reply!!!
    I readed the website and I foun that many things have missed or did not contain in my BIOS: h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-93834-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=4317197&sw_lang=zh-hans

I really don't know what kind of ME(Management Engine) the envy 17(17t-1100) has,and what HP offer to it!!!

Thank you guys,all the reply are helpful for me!Thank you!!!

8. ViperMatrixXM

ViperMatrixXM MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Whats the Intel Chipset that is in it?

9. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    HM55

CPU is i7 820qm

10. simy_envy17

simy_envy17 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    Mobo is 144d!
    And I have recoveried many time by the way you have recommendrd!
    The error is really a big tragedy for me!!!
    So,I just hope that someone can give me a help!
    Thank you!

11. mackk1e

mackk1e MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2013

Hi envy17, I have the same problem as you and the same and the Intel Chipset, after a failed bios update which left my laptop unsable, I had to desolder the bios and reprogram it , the laptop is working now but everytime I turn on the pc I get the same error as you, and now the cpu fan doesn't spin at all.
    I wonder have you solved your problem , if yes how have managed to do it?