what is "rev"?!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shay_g, Apr 29, 2008.

1. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    i have "ga-945p-s3 f4" motherboard but i dont know what is my "rev" and i know if i will make any mistake and make a wrong flash my motherboard will die :(

someone can help me to choose the right modded bios for my motherboard?? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. westmassguy

westmassguy MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2007
    There should be a manufacturers label somewhere on the motherboard.
    It will either be silkscreened on the board or just a simple paper label.

3. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I found it!!

i found it!!! it's REV:1.0

i download the the right bios and install it and now vista (ultimate) is activate with cracked bios and cert from asus

i have a little question:
    what about the sp1????..... install sp1 or not install???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    If your vista is activaed withouth any cracks, you can freely install SP1, but before you install check for the pre SP1 updates, and also check if you have some driver incompatibility, like Conexant HD Audio, Intel VGA for GM965, and some security software like Norton Internet Security e.t.c.

5. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    #5 shay_g, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
    (OP)
    SP1 is worKing!!!

SP1 is worKing!!!!......... and i'm still activated

my neighbor saw my cracked vista with the cracked bios and he wanna flash his bios BUT there is one little problem with him,

he wanna be sure that microsoft will not play with he's cracked bios (if he will flash from original bios to cracked bios) and how hard is it to find it as a "fake slic"??

p.s. he have a p4s800-d motherboard, it's can be cracked??

6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #6 petar, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
    If microsoft disables your bios SLIC with some update, than all legit OEMs shell be desabled also, and I doubt that will ever happen.. :)

7. westmassguy

westmassguy MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2007
    First, nothing has been "Cracked".
    A small OEM string has been inserted in the BIOS code....that's all.
    You can now use any RTM version of Vista, and use the OEM files which are untouched, and the proper OEM Key.