what is securitykiss worth ?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by potjevleesch, Jun 27, 2014.

1. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I just incidentally found ***://***.securitykiss.com/index.php?lang=en, has anyone experienced it already ? do you people know how to use utorrent with that to be sure the traffic goes exclusively thru it ?
    any help will be appreciated, thks

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    SecurityKiss is simply excellent! Unfortunately it isn't free, except the free account with up to 300MB Data Transfer a Day. I use SK for some time now, now with that free account, which works for my need. No any problems with any kind of data send and/or receive.

Just give it a try and if you contact the support, they may give you a 1 month 50GB limit for to test. That Support is very helpful too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I used them for 6 months when they had the free giveaway.
    Worked as well as one could expect.
    Don't know what their privacy policy is though, could save logs but who knows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    do I need to setup any ftp software or simply use utorrent as before ? Thank you for your helpful info

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    its a vpn, use it like your normal connection. once connected to it.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just the SK Client apps need to be installed!

7. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    a last question: does this mean that with Windows 8 I'll have the possibility to connect to the internet either thru the vpn or directly as till now ?

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You'll connect through the the VPN Client, and if not needed, you could just Pause the connection and use your regular one without to down the client.

9. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    thank you pisthai, this seems to be the solution I need in order not to be "flashed" by the french anti p2p authority.

10. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    #10 Bytebuster, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    ...just to confirm Pisthai's experiences with SecurityKISS VPN.

In the past I used their services (subscription) to connect to 'catch-up tv' sites 'abroad' and view geoblocked (live-)streams. Worked like a charm. ;)

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    yes it is a good vpn, no issues when I use it

12. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    #12 potjevleesch, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    (OP)
    Now trying it, assigned me an IP address based on a german server, which if I correctly understood your advices, means that the french Hadopi can't identify my torrents traffic, my real location as well ?

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO! They can't! The data sent are encrypted, so your real location! Don't worry with the French Authority!

14. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    thank you for your valued time :) I'm just trying it now to check its "behaviour", I already stumbled on a difficulty: when I quit SK my usual standard connection doesn't work any longer and indicates a "internet limited access" I guess I may have missed something :eek:

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    At the same moment your connection switch from your standard to SK Connection, your standard didn't work anymore. To go back immediately, without to lose connection to SK, you've to click on Pause and your standard connection will work but SK! to have 2 different ISP connection on the same physical connection, is simply impossible. Using SK, is telling your system that the ISP is SK now, using the Pause function the system 'thinks' the ISP is your regular one!

16. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...wasn't the 'HADOPI law' revoked last year?

17. potjevleesch

Aug 7, 2010
    no ! they are more active than ever :mad:I've been flashed 1 month ago...

18. LeoNeeson

LeoNeeson MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2014
    I did some tests, but I couldn't make it work with eMule. I know eMule is very slow and somewhat outdated, but it's the source of some rare files, that you would not find on the torrent network.

Did someone make work (eMule) on any other VPN?

19. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    for torrents you're just better off using a seedbox. and you can get a seedbox for close to the same price as one of these vpn plans and not have to worry about if connections are dropped, slow speeds, etc. also a lot of vpns block p2p traffic anyways and may have issues seeding since you have no control over the ports being used.

20. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I use privateinternetaccess.com.
    It's only 40.00 (Cdn) for a whole year. Easy to set up and use, and have had no problems so far.

It encrypts data, deletes user info from its servers immediately after use, and either randomly selects a country/IP or lets you choose from a selection of countries.