What is the activation method of monthly updated Windows XP on the net?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Chrystopher, May 26, 2014.

1. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Hello, you guys know about the Windows XP ISO on the internet right? Which every months updated, and also says that the ISO was preactivated, i've tried to download one ISO and want to find out what is the activation method used, but i can't find it. The only thing i see is "$OEM$ » $$ » System32 » OEMINFO.INI" which contain info below :

[General]
    Manufacturer= "Manufacture Name"
    Model="website"

And i've also checked the WINNT.SIF and it has a product key already installed. I think that it's impossible that it use OEMBIOS method, because the ISO size is as small as the original one and i've tested it with VMWare (with many different BIOS) and all of them are activated genuine (checked using WGA Diagnostics). I'm also check those files with the original one, and most of them were matched with the original.

The question is, what is the activation method used?

# I"m sorry if this thread is kinda like piracy, but i don't asking for keys, cracks, etc. I'm only want to know the activation method.

# I'm also sorry if there's a similar thread. Thanks before :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  3. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    XP VL activation is completely offline. But leaked keys are eventually blocked by MS. Please read the stickies about OEM:SLP activation.

5. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    @Mr. Tito :

Thanks Mr. Tito :)

@All :

I've find out that the activation method is really simple. It use a XP ProVL ISO with integrated key, and i think that even without the $OEM$ folder, it's ok and still a genuine Windows XP if we inserted the correct key which is a ProVL key (checked using WGA diagnostics).
    Thanks all for answering my question. :)

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007

No you are wrong, you may think easier but as Tito mentioned VLK keys do get blocked and only real method is OEM:SLP.