What is the best Rescue Disc for win 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cheetah64d, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Cheetah64d

Cheetah64d MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    In "Rescue Disc" I'm mean to anti-virus bootable disc, like the kaspersky one or so.
    Now, I ran into a post about "the best rescue boot disc" and know already about UBCD for Windows, but I think this project is only for WinXP (it need the installation disc of WinXP).
    Is there's something like it for Win7?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. mr-roboto

mr-roboto MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    What's wrong with Kaspersky's KRD ? It's based on Linux, but you don't need to know Linux in order to use it. Once you d/l the base KRD ISO, you only need their KLUpdater (a Windows-based util) to periodically d/l the detection updates for the KRD. Copy the updated defs to a flash drive, so when you use your KRD, you update it from the flash drive.

I own Kaspersky PURE, so I can make a fresh ISO every so often. What I like about KRD is that it serious WiFi/Ethernet support, so if nec one can d/l detection updates directly. In fact, Kaspersky has added their own registry tool ! Even though it's Linux-based, they've done a good job to make it Windows-centric....

4. syga

syga MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    Bumping an old thread.

I was trying out different USB rescue discs/scanners.
    I had good and bad results on Win7 x64 with 1 SSD and 1 regular hard drive.

Kaspersky: program starts, updates, but it cannot find any of the hard drives
    Bitdefender: program will not start
    Trend Micro: program will not start
    AVG: updates within the program and works
    Windows Defender Offline: works but has to be updated within Windows.
    Comodo: updates within the program and works. It even alerted me to a modified Hosts file, the other didn't. ( I modified it, but it still alerted me)

Just wondering if others use rescue discs and what works best for you.

Thanks.

5. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I also like Eset rescue disk

But Kaspersky is very fast & exceptionally easy to use. :D