What is the best .....

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lievre, Oct 19, 2016.

1. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    What is the best application for pop up blocker with Edge.

I use adblock plus with firefox.

Thank you guys.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm using Adblock but there are still popups :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #3 Tiger-1, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    @ lievre, try Adguard extension for FF works fine and free I use it :) hi dude sorry I simply stay confused (I'm sleeping)and made wrong info sorry again:eek:

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    uBlock (original) or Adguard

6. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Vivaldi + uBlock Origins, best combination to the date.

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I’m sure you’ll get plenty of “best” options proposed.

Whichever one you chose, it’s convenient to be able to disable it without going thru settings, as many sites won’t work with it. Typical examples are some file hosts that won’t let you download for free if you block their ads. And it’s to be expected that more will follow.

8. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I make it a point not to visit sites that demand I disable ads. ;)

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As everything has at least min. 2 sides, most of you haters simply forget that to run a Web-site etc. cost money!

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like ads either! Just, development, creation etc., etc. of a successful Website is everything but cheap. To not burden that cost to the viewers in first line, many companies using Ad's to finance their websites. It's up to the viewer, to either block such ad's or not open such websites, etc.!

I'm happy with using Adblock Plus on Chrome, it simply works well. I also use on two of my own sites Ad's for to finance the cost, which saves quite a bit of money, special as those sites didn't bring in any money!

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    You mean “disable ad-blockers” of course.

Fair enough, it depends on your surfing policy and personal preferences, which nobody can argue about.

I merely bring an example though, to make things clearer for everybody:
    Suppose you want to download a movie that’s (only) hosted on Uploaded, a popular host, you’d have a choice of (a) paying for the download, (b) disabling your ad-blocker for that site specifically, or (c) not getting the movie.

Personally, I’d choose getting what I want for free rather than bothering about seeing a few ads on one specific site. Ads on all remaining sites remain blocked.

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Just use a good blacklist on the host file (better if done at router level using OpenWRT), in that case the ADblocker would be just a further filter, disabling it wouldn't change anything on most websites.

12. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    There is no miraculous solution for everyone

users should do some tests using different combinations
    Personally i tried Adblock plus, Adguard and ublock Origin

The best combination that worked for me is Firefox + Ublock Origin + some user scripts (Ads Bypasser, Ad Hosts Cleaner,..)
    All ads are not blocked of course cause some of them are regulary updating their stuff (That's why adblockers and scripts are regularly updated too)
    But i don't bother temporarly disabling my adblocker to get what i want with just some few clicks.

The uploaded.to example: it's asking to disable adblocker on Opera but it asks for nothing on Firefox (Ublock Origin installed on both browsers with default settings)

Edge?
    Never used!

13. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Strange, I never heard about an addon for Edge called Vivaldi.

14. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    It's never too late to learn something, sarcasm included :D

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Microsoft doesn't authorize malware for add-ons! :D

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Only MS made crap is allowed.

17. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    #17 lievre, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    (OP)
    Edge?
    Never used![/QUOTE]

There is one site who won't work on Firefox, so i have to use Edge but i really need a pop up blocker.

I will give a try to adguard. After installing Adguard this program work well on Edge. Blocking most of the pop up.

Thank you guys, appreciate.

Lievre