What is the difference between localized ISO and slipstreamed LP ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TR2N, Aug 17, 2009.

1. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Hello folks,

now that almost every localization of the Windows 7 editions is uploaded on TechNET, Connect or MSDN, i want to know the difference between the localized and the slipstreamed LP ones. Is there any difference?

I have installed a Windows 7 Professional with slipstreamed german LP and i couldn´t find any "english" parts in it, i mean, the system is complete german. The only thing, i noticed for example, is the "Program Files" directory. But the same i had on Windows Vista, so i don´t think, that it is called "Programme" in the localized ISO.

Has someone the option to compare both or already compared it?

i just only want to know.... ;)

2. garf02

garf02 MDL Member

Sep 15, 2007
    No difference between ISO (the lp used is official by MS, the slipstream method used by BubuXP is official by MS), only changes is code SHA1, MD5 and CRC in the ISO File.

3. TBH

TBH MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I noticed that the "preliminary important information about windows installation" in the slipstreamed lp is always english (regardless of the language) where in the localized iso is localized. Also, the boot screen in localized iso is "vista style" where in the slipstreamed lp is correctly "7 style".

4. garf02

garf02 MDL Member

Sep 15, 2007
    No, using the new method of bubuxp is all right, even the boot screen. I used this method and I have all in Italian. Boot screen, WINRE and the OS it's all Italian.

5. torko26

torko26 MDL Senior Member

May 28, 2009
    I made many integrated isos in hungarian and everythings are hun and the size is almost same like original

x86 hu MS:2275 MB and mine :2278 mB

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TBH

TBH MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Boot screen, Windows itself and WinRE were always translated with official methods What I'm referring with "preliminary important information about windows installation" is the link that appear on the lower left corner in the screen with the "Install" button. I've never seen that link (it's an RTF doc) translated. Don't know if the new slipstream method translate even that doc.

7. garf02

garf02 MDL Member

Sep 15, 2007
    "preliminary important information about windows installation" is not translated in any Official LP.
    The file is Readme.rtf, which is located in DVD:\sources\en-us\

8. TBH

TBH MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Yes, infact the question was "what's the difference between LP and original translated iso"? Well, in the original translated ISO that doc is translated since in the translated iso of course the en-us folder doesn't exist anymore (you always can replace the english readme with a localized readme.