What is the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Jun 9, 2013.

1. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    > So is goodness...

Yes . I think its one of the reasons why little britain still functions = working class people helping eachother

And its why i keep posting in the sharlatan thread ............. corona is a bitch ........ our governmet is fashist .......... the natrional death service has colapsed years ago.......... ALL the political partys colaberate .......... so do the unions .......... and the rich own the press .......... we dont need pseudo intellectual clowns with crippled minds doing verbal acrobatics ........... distorting things ......... spreading confusion .............. WE need to help , to cooperate ,

2. MAsxx

MAsxx MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    > ALL the political partys colaberate ...

It has always been like that, the division of power and spoils

Luke 20:25
    So Jesus said, “Well, then, pay to the Emperor what belongs to the Emperor, and pay to God what belongs to God.”

3. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Your quote has nothing whatsoever to do with what i said.

Your quote means that the mythical figur jesus is reported by religeous fanatics to have said ........... ' f**k off you have nothing to say or decide , only god has something to say and decide '

Christians gassed 6 milluion jews in WW2 ........... christians watched it happen , prrofited from it and did nothing ........... christians burnt tens of thousands of women ............. and raped tens of thousands of children

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    the original thread was; what is the meaning of life? not; what is the meaning of goddam religion/pollitix?;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MAsxx

MAsxx MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    > Christians ....
    Maybe they were reading the Bible?

In (1 Samuel 15:2-3), God commanded Saul and the Israelites,
    “This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

6. MAsxx

MAsxx MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    > meaning of goddam religion/pollitix?

In order to be able to talk about life, you must have knowledge, discussion about human knowledge makes discussion about life comprehensible.
    Religion and politics are integral parts of life.

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Speak for yourself. Religion is NOT a part of my life, thanx a bunch...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
  9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    the religious nut jobs are at again:rolleyes:

10. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    lies are the opium of the masses

11. MAsxx

MAsxx MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    The inability to understand what is read as well as the inability to connect what is written, it has its own name, functional illiteracy.

Nothing written by me has to do with politics or religion or nations, but it shows that Hannah Arendt is right, evil is in people, no matter what nationality, religion they belong to or what their political affiliation is.
    Depicted over a thousand-year period, some evil were ordered by God, others by the king, the Führer, today the dictator. etc

"Those who do evil, then, would not be incarnations of the most vile aspects of the human soul at all, but banal individuals inserted within an infernal mechanism. Which leads to consideration; anyone inserted into the same mechanism could act in the same way." HA

12. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Without religion the human will be helpless
    Na .. f* religion.. who give a ..
    Only weak and pathetic need religion to control their life
    I exit the matrix, no religion above me

13. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious.
    Albert Einstein

14. Life need no meaning, life need to be alive

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Life without meaning, eh? Wow, deep...

16. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    Before we consider the answer we should define what constitutes life. Does the Sun have life? It certainly is actively engaged with life we may think we have here on this planet, Earth. Does a cockroach's existence constitute life?

This path of thought leads us to the question: What does life mean?

Or are the topic's question and the one just above the same?

So we see four questions in this post and interestingly the traditional Chinese character for four means death.

NOTE: I think "What is the meaning of life? and "What does life mean? are different questions.

17. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    You forgot the main one !!!!! ----- >

Do the daleks eat baked beans ?

Maybe you should start with thinking about what thinking is ? What it means ?

Haveing thoughts ......... as you did in your post .......... is different from thinking .

18. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    @ Thinking

Yesterday on al jazera there was an interview with an american man talking about truth . He made a distinction between truth , personal truth , religeous truth and political truth .

The only one that interest me is truth .

19. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    I bow to your attempt to educate an intellectually bankrupt peasant such as I. Unfortunately, if the bankruptcy is such as there is no hope of improvement your attempt may be of no value, which would hasten the offer of an apology.

20. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    We have to try to make head and tail from what people say . You came with crap about the sun and cockroaches ............ wich i've heard over and over again ............. when people tryed to talk about cheep and nasty chinese philosophy . Exactly the same .

And then you write chinese !?!?

One asks one what this one wants ? To futily try to get people on a hook ? To demonstrate their first year philosophy studys ?

Sorry but what you said is crap .

Have you something against cockroaches !?!?