What is your average internet speed ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by markokk888, Jan 17, 2018.

?

What is your average internet speed ?

1. 15 Kb/s Or less.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 50 Kb/s

2.9%
  3. 100 Kb/s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 300 Kb/s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 500 Kb/s

2.9%
  6. 1 Mb/s

5.9%
  7. 3 Mb/s

2.9%
  8. 5 Mb/s

2.9%
  9. 8 Mb/s

2.9%
  10. 10 Mb/s Or more..

79.4%
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It all depends on what the ISP is doing! As an example, in Thailand the ISP's using 'Inline Cache', which means that the ISP's caching the highest frequented Internet Servers on their own Server. Speedtest will never show the real connection speed if that is used. To find out what you're really getting, check out the speed test from http://www.dslreports.com. Look at the 3 pictures below:

1.: BKK to BKK [​IMG]

2.: BKK to NewYork [​IMG]

3.: BKK to Singapore using DSL-Reports speed test: [​IMG]

The first 2 pics showing the use of the speed test of ADSL Thailand (http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/) while the 3. pic is using the DSL-Reports Speed Test.

The next 2 picture showing the use of Ookla Speed Test

As you all could see, it's all about what kind of speed tests are used and from and to what locations. And if the ISP use Inline Caching, the result will even differs more.[/Spoiler]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    here's my internet speed :

[​IMG]

i'm still at ADSL, it's not as fast as i would like but that's fine, i am not complaining for now.
    Optic fiber is still a litle bit expensive in my country so i don't want to switch to fiber yet.

3. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Upgrading to 20mbps.