What kind of philosopher are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gorski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. moon510

moon510 MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Hegel's dialectic or speculative logic can't be interpreted by using formal logic i.e. by static conclusions. Reading the Phenomenology of Spirit just helps to see oneself, consciousness as movement or action. Meditative attention is needed not logical reasoning and forming of definite conclusions. What Hegel wanted to say is explained in a more simple way in Lao Tzu's Tao-te-Ching. Religion is a lower way, but more comprehensive way. Philosophy uses abstract terms. The beauty of dialectic is that it prevents you to adopt a closed, ready-made , dead system of thought .

2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: tang pinky??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    That's just not "it"! There are various kinds of dialectics, even in Hegel, as I mentioned.... but OK...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    There are three types of philosophers.

Abstract philosopher
    Theoretical philosopher
    Practical philosopher

I am a practical philosopher.

5. FreeFeatherFoot

FreeFeatherFoot MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2023
    Neoplatonic! Iamblichus was one of the few the Greeks honoured with the epithet "The Divine" alongside greats like Plato. It's also the philosophy of the whole western esoteric traditon. Or in other words, "theurgy, magic, wizards and sheit!"