What Remote or Keyboard are you Using in Windows 8 Media Center

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by artyzipp, Nov 6, 2012.

1. artyzipp

artyzipp MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2012
    Right now I have a Logitech mini keyboard and a Harmony One Remote. They both work together, but there are many apps that don't work with the remote, and I have to go back to the keyboard. What setup do you have going? Does anyone have a remote that is controlling it all really well (even hardware turn on/off)?

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Right now I'm (un)fortunately still using the original Snapstream Firefly (radio remote, not IR) along with third-party software LMRemoteKeymap. This remote would be useless without this third-party program, since Snapstream made it hard to program and dropped support within 2-3 years. I probably bought it in 2003.

The good thing about this remote is with LMRemoteKeymap, it's very versatile and can be programmed to do anything, plus you can save your programmed profiles and/or upload them for everyone else to use.

I probably won't ever upgrade until I can get a high-end Harmony which supports both IR and radio. It's nice not having to aim at an IR receiver. :D

BTW, you can use LMRemoteKeymap with all sorts of remotes so maybe it can improve other people's remotes, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...