What should I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by isobella, Dec 12, 2011.

1. isobella

isobella MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    #1 isobella, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    My parents purchased laptops for all three of us for Christmas last year. And they thought the internet can be a dangerous place and so they installed parental control keylogger on our computer. Recently, my parents found that my younger brother who is 13 joined a date site, and they then blocked the website. But my brother thought that they interfered in everything of him. He told me that he wants to leave home for freedom.
    I worried about him, so I told everything to my parents. Now, my parents want to install a mobile spy which owns GPS location, they even asked me to help them.
    What should I do? If I help my parents to find a safe mobile spy, my brother will see me as a rebel. If I do nothing, I will worry about him. Help needed.

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    seek counseling

3. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Tell your brother about this.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    You don't need counselling, your parents need to act more like parents and less like FBI agents.
    Your brother is underage and immature, tell your parents to have a talk with him then you have a talk with him.
    Make it clear that you told your parents about his nonsense with his best interests in mind. Since he's immature
    he will not take it nicely but he will understand in time. Make it clear that running away from home at 13 is a stupid thing to do.
    Never try to throw the blame for anything around, just discuss what he thinks and try to show him a better path that's all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    a 13 year old child using a dating service. did nobody notice 13 years old in that sentance? 2nd did noboby notice dating service o_O take the dam computer away from him he's a kid!!!!! he doesnt need a dating service at that age he needs to meet the girl next door or hang with kids his age to learn about life. any body that thinks a 13 year can make adult discions is out of their mind. isobella talk to your brother try to help him your parents are trying to protect him from all the bad things in life all 13 year olds think their parents are just stoping them from having fun. 13 year olds are confused about things in life they need to be guided in the right direction they try to hard to become adults. and they will get there soon enough so you should help him all you can so he learns what to do.

6. isobella

isobella MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    #6 isobella, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    (OP)
    Thanks so much, zen45. I know he is not old enough to join a date service and make a right decision, so I told all things to my parents as I have mentioned above. What I am afraid of is that he will being distant if I find a mobile spy for him. I will take your advice, and thanks again.

7. isobella

isobella MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    I don't think it's right to educate him with violence.

8. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Few smacks in a head wouldn't hurt him, believe me. I totally agree with HUGE.HULK, that kid needs some discipline lesson and your parents don't give a rat a$$ about it......what? they gonna tech him when he is 18? :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...