what should i get

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sacmalama, Jun 6, 2015.

1. sacmalama

sacmalama MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    a playstation or a gaming pc? whats the pros and cons?

2. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    get what most of your friends have..or you will be playing alone..unless you like playing with yourself, in which case,you wouldn't need neither. :rofl6:

3. skdaroch

skdaroch MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2015
    gaming pc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. XinsaneX

XinsaneX MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2011
    I always recommend to choose basing your decision on exclusive games. I've both, a gaming PC and the PS4 (I've the PS3 too). I wouldn't buy an XBOX One for example cause I don't like their exclusives. I play FPS on PC and mostly other genres in my PS4.

5. ZarkBit

ZarkBit MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2015
    what he said... lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Depends on what games you play.

Me i will get a gaming pc, as i prefer those games.

But if you want games that you can play with others, and over the net, get a ps4.

Think about what you want from a system, and pick which one, depending on your needs.

7. Mighty_Miro_WD

Mighty_Miro_WD Official WD Representative

Jul 30, 2014
    Hi there.

It depends more or less on your personal preference because both the console and the gaming PC have their pros and cons.

For the PC, the pros are that you can install and run most of the games which are available for consoles, and you have a backward compatibility, meaning that most games you bought years ago will still work today. And you can use it for other purposes beside gaming. However, the biggest con is that the initial cost of making a gaming PC will be higher than a console one.

For the console, the pros are that you don't have to make a build, or look and select for a specific machine (for instance with a powerful GPU, CPU etc.) - the specs are set and games are made to those specs, and the interface is easier to navigate and focused on the games. The cons are that you cannot upgrade a console and you have a limited backward compatibility.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :)

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #8 Muerto, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

9. JayPea

JayPea MDL Junior Member

Feb 28, 2009
    #9 JayPea, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Without context to the thread it's a little difficult to give you right advice. I would initially say : get both!

However, if you are not at the age of where you have disposable income then I would suggest asking for a console that has the games you want to play and, hopefully, it's the same console that all your friends have - so you can play together but your providers will need to factor in the annual subscription that both current-gen machines have for playing with your friends. Also, if you are the child of wealthy parents, I'd like a 980Ti for my consultation fee ;)

As you asked for pros/cons :

PC: Cheap games+/expensive upgrades-, best gaming experience*+/drivers&settings issues-
    Console : Standardised experience+/expensive (new) games-, used game prices+/slow patches-

Hope the above helps.

* Recent PC ports suck :(

10. DixieKongJD

DixieKongJD MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2015
    Gaming PC.

I think that one day consoles will be obsolete after companies stop development on any games except the yearly released/big hit games.

But PC gaming won't stop, and you can customise it better.

11. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #11 Muerto, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

12. vi32

vi32 MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2015
    I would say Gaming PC normaly, but i'm getting old, and getting on the couch and playing some games half asleep with a glass of whiskey is great.