What version of office do I have?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by perfection, Jan 29, 2020.

1. perfection

perfection MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    I did a factory reset recently due to which I was reduced to factory settings..
    When any component of Office (it came pre-installed) is opened the splash screen shows Office 365 and when I peer into the about it shows Home and Student version 2016 (product activated)

The product can only be uninstalled from Microsoft Store and not from the Control Panel

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Office 2016 vs. Office 365?
    Here’s the main difference: Office 2016 is the the traditional Microsoft Office product, sold for a one-time, up-front fee. You pay once to buy a version of Office 2016 you can install on a single PC or Mac and use for as long as you like. There’s no expiration date.
    Office 365, on the other hand, is the new way Microsoft wants you to buy Office. Rather than paying a hefty up-front price, you pay a monthly or yearly fee and get access to the latest version of Office for as long as you pay the fee.
    You also get additional OneDrive cloud storage and access to the Office apps for tablets.
    You can choose a subscription that allows you to install Office on up to five different computers, sharing it with your family, or just get Office for yourself.
    I think, it maybe helps You to understand, what exactly You have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You seem to have a pre-installed office 365 UWP version.