what will happen?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bapski, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bapski

bapski MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    #1 bapski, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    wonder what will happen?

i just did a clean install of win7 also with certificate and key also on my laptop and i'm loving it so far. hopefully this goes on till the next win release.

i have vista 64 system (legit :)) and im contemplating of upgrading it with the copy i used with my laptop.

question is, is this possible? what outcome will i expect? any suggestions as to how i go about installing win7 on my vista unit?

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    all you have to do is put in your 7 disk and then do a upgrade install from within Windows Vista. After that if you activate it however you want (retail key, BIOS mod, Loader, etc).

3. bapski

bapski MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    wonder if this will mess up my legit vista 64 product key?

4. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    If u wanna use the loader, it's better to do a clean install :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bapski

bapski MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    a couple of things going through my thoughts and everything is leaning towards a clean install.

i do have another laptop i can play with though, so just for the heck of it (more like to experience it really ) ill try to do an upgrade over a legit copy and see what happens.. will have to clone the disk first, for insurance purposes..

and oh.. my win7 copy did not need a loader.. .(yet.. crossing fingers!)

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    yea, do clean install m8. This will keep all your files intact unless you do Format but still puts a fres copy of windows 7 installed. This is the best method if you are gonna use a loader because upgrade option could mess with system files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    if you don't do a clean install, your pc will explode, and the demons of m$ will drag your soul to hell. woehohohahaha :D:D