What you think about Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ExpL0, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
  2. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    All my PCs are now running with Windows7. Good things no need to search drivers or driver CDs like XP and Vista do. Bad things need for soft mod or mobo mod plus genuine check. XP good. Vista better????? Nahhhh. W7 best in my opinion. Thanks.

3. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    exactly..............

4. kristain

kristain MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    I feel like I was one of the lucky ones, I started with Windows 7 Beta about a week after Microsoft started the downlaods for the Beta testers, then I grabed the Windows RC and I am still runnung with it for now.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I wouldn't consider myself lucky if i was still running RC :( if you were running RTM then fair enough :)

6. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Windows 7 is Vista with some new effects for the desktop. Vista was very good, very stable, I used the 64-bit version and now Windows 7 64-bit is as stable as Vista except there are some little new features but there's no revolution.
    I don't understand people saying that Vista was crap and that Windows 7 is far better, it's almost the same thing, that's why you can use Vista drivers on Windows 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I hated Vista. Windows 7 is great with tweaks to my liking. Personally though, IF I really had a choice, I would've liked M$ keeping it simple. Build 6801 of win 7 is my favorite. It had very few tasks scheduled and was a good uncluttered OS. JMHO

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. exo-dan

exo-dan MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I hardly think about it anymore so,I guess that is what is so great about it...as far as vs. Vista,yeah I paid for it(I had a friend @ EA Sports)...but I had more crashes with it.When the 6801 was out I never looked back.Ok,well one time I did and it was just too annoying,even with SP2 after install just way too many updates.Now that I know how to integrate them I could,but there is not much reason to look back,imo.

9. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Vista and 7 are not the same, and the compatibility of drivers doesn't mean they're the same, it's just that they "read the driver" the same way, that has nothing to do with the kernel or the memory management (which I think it's way lot better in 7).

Why do you think there are no netbooks with Vista?? I can even run Visual Studio smoothly in my netbook with it's slow processor using Windows 7 Home Premium. Of course that there has been an improvement, a really big one IMHO :)

10. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    im impressed with windows 7, although i hated it at first cos i had a lot of Bsod and freezing, but i tracked the problem down after a few weeks to a wireless 54g network card or its drivers were causing it, it took me a long time to track it down because the network card worked fine, as system logs didnt show anything, because the freezing would happen before the log was written
    so originally i thought windows 7 was unstable, cos i did everything, i scanned the memory, changed the memory, reinstalled windows, checked the power supply, updated Bios
    you name it i checked it, i was ready to downgrade to vista or xp, till one day i noticed it was stable when i had the network plugged into the wired network socket, hey presto, it was the wireless card all along

so now i really like windows 7 it is very stable
    apart from the file search drives me mad, searching non indexed locations is crazy, i miss the xp search where you could right click a folder and search inside it, maybe im overlooking something, but i dont like it
    also the taskbar im not impressed with, it starts to annoy me after a while

11. HerbalAbuse

HerbalAbuse MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2010
    Everything about Windows 7 is better than XP, except the mouse.

XP has mouse fixes like CPL and Anir's Accelfix (the best). Windows 7 has MarkC's fix - I think MarkC's fix works to get rid of accel but Windows 7 mouse feels laggy and floaty compared to XP, lots of people noticed it and there's nothing you can do about it, no fix for it.

If it came down to pro gaming and having perfect aim in fps games, someone using XP and Anir's Accelfix will have a massive advantage over someone using Windows 7.

I had to dual boot with XP just for games but now I just got a Windows 7 partition I don't game any more. I will probably play casual games or racers like TDU2 with Windows 7 but I could never get proper into fps again with Windows 7 - too frustrating knowing how good XP aims and I can't be f**ked to dual boot.

It's annoying because this is the ONLY thing that's wrong with Windows 7

12. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    As with all windows os's the more you use the more you get bored and find bug's, i mean has anyone found that mediaplayer is not as responsive as it was on a clean install without updates..
    I have gone back to vista sp2..
    Alfa:);)

13. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #33 DARKOR04, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    See why Windows 7 its better:
    View attachment 7019

7 Difference's you should know:

1. Multi-touch in Win 7

With touch technology becoming the latest trend after Apple’s revolutionary multi-touch iPhone, Windows 7 has multi-touch for all the supported hardware. HP Touchsmart series is one of them.

2. Aero Peek

Aero Peek allows Win 7 users to instantly make all the opened windows transparent. So let say, you want to see the weather on Windows 7 sidebar Gadget, this will be very useful.

3. New Taskbar

Windows 7 desktop look different now because of the new taskbar. You can now reorder the opened Window buttons. It has Jump Lists feature which allow you to access common programs very easily. And you can see the full screen preview before switching to a window.

Quick Launch bar and taskbar are merged together in Windows 7.

4. Games

Along with old Windows Vista games, Win 7 have online version of Checkers, Spades and Backgammon. If you remember, there was a new robot game Tinker on Vista. This was a part of Vista Ultimate.

5. Media Center

Win 7 comes with enhanced Media Center experience. It have Internet TV which telecast MSN channels by default and have a desktop sidebar gadget for the same too.

6. NetBook Edition

Netbooks are the light weight portable laptops used for browsing, email etc. For now on we’ll see Netbooks by every major Brand like HP, Dell, Sony etc. Windows 7, apart from Ultimate Edition and Business edition will also have Netbook Edition. Though, of course its be a stripped down version.

7. Performance and User Friendliness

Windows 7 tremendously reduce the time to install an app. Also, now Windows is less annoying with very less UAC prompt. For developers also, Win7 reduce the time taken for developing Windows app.

and i keep going and going if you want. Windows 7 its unchallenged in my opinion of course....

I once bought Windows Vista and use it for about 8 months "something I regret" then downgrade to XP Pro SP3 and break the Vista DVD (literally) then last year Installed Windows 7 and stick with it. :)

14. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    usually when the user wants to have me reinstall xp i can quite easily convince them to let me install 7 instead. lol