Whats simplest way to use remote apps / home network?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jonathan Coop, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jonathan Coop

Jonathan Coop MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2019
    Hey fellaz,

What is the simplest solution to have one main PC to run all programs and have all saved files but be able to access it from a few different PC's within my house?

From what I've gathered seems like remote apps is what I'm looking to do if I'm not mistaken. Sort of like remote desktop but..

I Currently have one server running with just windows 10 which is dedicated to run Plex server and store important files. I would like to either implement a solution into that server so I have one server running or leave that one alone and use one of my other high-end builds to do this with.

It seems like I would have to have Windows server installed on the main PC in order to accomplish this. Is that correct? I have also read that remote app it is also available as long as all the machines are running Windows Pro...?

I'm basically looking for a way to have basically OneMain PC and almost like have my other pcs act like thin clients in a way that can connect to it and run software or get files instead of every PC in my house being its own dedicated PC and never being able to find files or keep things organized and of course some of them are pretty slow. I normally just use Remote Desktop to access them.

Not trying to do a whole lot with the server basically run the bunch of adobe applications, and other small programs but keep everything in one central location so it's easy to find files and whatnot...

What's your guys's thought on the easiest way to accomplish this? Without having to buy any more Hardware than what I have already.

Thx