What's stopping you from using Google Chrome browser?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jack2lantern, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #101 Dark Knight, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Memory ..........

Take the Chrome Browser and the Quantum Browser, both clean without any extensions and see which one eats more memory while opened.

Geeze, just the point that Goggle being the information collection hog that it is SHOULD tell you something and BE ENOUGH to drop the browser like a bad habit. It just amazes me that so many people preach privacy use a browser made by a company who's primary business deals with telemetry and the collection of data .......... namely YOURS every time you open it.

Besides, who cares if it's fast? all that means is your data is reaching them faster than someone using IE. Pffft, you couldn't PAY ME to use Chrome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Indeed. I have put my chromium based browser into RAMDisk, it is fast and extensions will iron out the details, as for Chrome leftover, I block port 5228 and enjoy google free experience. :music2:

3. Doghen

Doghen Guest

What do you mean with this? uBlock will always work and when a pop-up is coming up you can just bypass that pop-up by finding the script or other thing that is preventing you from acces the site with uBlock origin and then you can just copy that name/link into 'my filters' i think.. but can you explain me why streaming sites would do this?

4. Haxorr

Haxorr MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2017
    HAVE YOU EVER tried opening 10 tabs on chrome and noticed that your compooter was running at like 100% whilst on firefox, it would be like 20% because of different rendering engines. Also why would anyone trust google enough that on top of their overall web services, you end up using their slow and crappy - battery hogging browser that has some magical background activity monitor software that runs 24/7 .

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    What's stopping me from using Chrome?

Google.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. qaj1shi

qaj1shi MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2011
    actually, i used to be a FF user for 3-4 years in a row, but then, when I installed chrome, i saw that i was very wrong using FF for that time!

Chrome is the best! Blazing fast, simple, light and all the good stuff in it!

FF is my second browser. :)

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Good thinking !
    Especially the part that says "all the good stuff in it!"

I am having a hard time stopping laughing.... Thanks, good start to the new year.

8. qaj1shi

qaj1shi MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2011
    yep, all the good stuff in it! :smoking: And don't even try to stop it...

:xmas:

9. jil66

jil66 MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2016
    No sidebar.