What's your expectations from next version of Windows (a.k.a. Windows 9 (and 9 RT))

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mustafa Can, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #1 Mustafa Can, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Liked Windows systems.

But after that MS invented windows 8 the world of desktops became weak.

Windows 9 will have to revolutionize.

Windows 8 and 8.x is failure. many bugs :(

I stay in Windows 7 until arrival of Windows 9. :smokecowboy:

Linux grows long after Windows 8.x.

3. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    I expect nothing. After 7 seems this is the actual m$ trend. We can expect, more private surveillance (your personal exposed to a company and to a government), more metro and a slowly death to desktop.
    I expect linux would take its place.

4. HeadWalker

HeadWalker MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #4 HeadWalker, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    I hope that Regedit die!

Would also like to see what has been cited by Mustafa Can
    If all programs are installed in this way, it would be much better and consequently bring more stability to the OS, because if a program present a problem uninstalling it would be complete, without a trace, without the garbage that continues to the Windows registry.

5. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. suitsyou

suitsyou MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    Fundamentally the price of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems needs to change either aim towards open source/freeware or lower the prices extremely. In light of the changes offered by competitors including Linux , incorporating new architecture and hardware Microsoft can not continue to monopolise the market or dictate prices.

7. eydee

eydee Guest

• No more desktop mode
    • ARM/x64 only
    • Enforced UAC cannot be turned off
    • Enforced SmartScreen cannot be turned off, sends everything straight to the NSA
    • HDD only used for storing the OS. Cloud is enforced as well as M$ accounts
    • 3rd party browsers no longer allowed because of Store rules. Only IE remains
    • 16+ games no longer developed for "windows" because of Store rules
    • High-end looking games no longer developed for "windows" because of the lack of opengl support and because of metro D3D limitations
    • You no longer install drivers, you can only use hardware M$ provides drivers for
    • The slow, painful and gruesome death of Microsoft because of all the above

In the meantime, we'll enjoy seeing linux rise and take the place it deserves.

8. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011

M$ can not make much money with the system for desktops.

So this fusion of a single system for tablets and desktops.

M $ only thinks about money.

@ Pun,

Desktops can not die. o_O

Perhaps a surprise change in the future. :rolleyes:

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, once they realize they can't appease all with a single solution and concentrate on proper development streams.... until then be content with a 'secondary' desktop OS to the touch-orientated design/development they are pursuing :p

It's obvious where their priorities lie, thus as much as we would like to see the enhancements mentioned above.. all depends on how the new boss is able to vision the future of PC's... being an ex-Nokia guy.. what's the chances?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #10 Mustafa Can, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    (OP)
    1. We can only hope.
    2. The reason that it's widespread is 32bit applications can run both 32 and 64bit systems. Developers will know that and still making their apps 32bit. Every PC can handle Windows 8 can handle 64bit as well.
    3. I agree.
    4. Yes, toggle is good. If it reduce efficiency, users can toggle it off.
    5. But I don't like it. They should have it on toggle. With it we can both happy.
    6. I agree.
    7. Yes, I'll need to use command line to use lost settings.
    8. I can customize on regedit too, but It's not user friendly.
    9. Strongly agree. I hate this open with web thing and its one of the first tweaks I apply to windows. But new interface igrones this tweak :(

1. Yes, It'll allow many developers to start making Windows Apps. But, Microsoft wants to earn money from store, this is not going to happen I think.
    2. No one knows.
    3. I agree. We can still make local accounts and keep away from it, but I'll prefer more privacy.
    4. I always wanted this. But they are doing exact opposite thing.
    5. Same as 4. Things like Ribbon menu, Transparency etc. should be optional.

Microsoft can continue their monopoly, they don't lost their OEM's yet. There are also bunch of compaines to making apps to Windows. But, Microsoft forget that they sell their product because of them and igroning them.

Making your tablet of course damages other companies like Samsung, Asus etc. and they started selling their computers with ubuntu.

Making your store is cool, but you are damaging other people's store by resistricting your OS to use only your store. Valve is an example of this.

If Microsoft was support them, instead of igroning them, maybe valve will never make an Linux version. But look from the good side, there are many companies still make their games Windows only. Microsoft still have power to get back what they lost.

I'm thinking about the same. It's perfect for both security and stability.

11. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Maybe its just me, but you guys really think windows 8/8.1 is unstable? i ask because you guys keep begging for a more stable os, but I havnt had a single crash since winme days, and i used and enjoyed every windows since windows 95 to 8.1, even vista was a great os for me, and i dare to say everything after XP has been rock solid for me. I really think an operating system is as stable as the hardware quality and drivers used ln the computer, starting form the power suppply, motherboard, ram sticks, etc. Always stay clear from cheap or unsupported hardware. As always my 2 cents.

12. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #12 CODYQX4, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

13. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #14 CODYQX4, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

14. Dedek

Dedek MDL Member

Nov 30, 2010
  15. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Absolutely none whatsoever, happy trailsz

16. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    i expect a bit more polished look with almost same BS:bye1:

17. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    btw Jay, u looking good in that pic

18. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Maybe Steam's OS will fill the void for us hardcore gamers?

19. eydee

eydee Guest

I don't think so, it will probably be too Steam-centric, no general distro features. However, nothing will stop the client from running on any distro, even on Windows 9 if the desktop happens to stay (which is not likely).