WHDownloader - Support and chat

Discussion in 'WHDownloader' started by Alphawaves, Apr 29, 2013.

1. qewlpal

qewlpal MDL Addicted

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks Tito and digitool for the links, they are exactly what i was looking for <3 :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    So as I see it, you want me to add an updates installer???
    I don't want this to become a tool tho...:eek:
    But I will add it if you dudes want it ????

3. qewlpal

qewlpal MDL Addicted

Jun 25, 2010
    It is actually quite useful, for people who do fresh RTM installation, and want to do offline installation of updates :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It is really useful, one time that you can have the most updates stored on the disk for offline installations..

I don't know, but you will not worry with this method if the update already has on the system, another exit code will be sent if you use the silent switch.. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

5. Blade2565

Blade2565 MDL Junior Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Hi Josh,

Very nice program but here I get a .NET Error and a big read cross in the bottom it keeps downloading....
    Just wanted to report there is some a small bug in it....

For the rest great tool :)

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    We will start a server maintenance to migrate the website to the new platform in a few minutes.

The maintenance will have an average of 24 hours to establish around the world.

All the download center will be offline during this procedure. Maybe the Alphawaves direct link will be down for some hours.

8. Blade2565

Feb 27, 2008
  9. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Thanks for reporting error Blade2565 ;)
    Did you receive this when downloading updates ?Ill fix this problem in 1.6..;)

10. Blade2565

Feb 27, 2008
    When downloading yes, also noticed but not sure it supposed to download IE10 all languages or not? because it made a .xml file but not downloaded them.

11. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Can you post a screenshot of this xml file and location it was downloaded to ? It doesn't look like its a download problem more like its a problem in my download speed or file size remaining functions as they don't have any error handling..:eek:

Edit:

Was it after downloading had finished or during downloading ? ;)

12. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  13. Blade2565

Feb 27, 2008
    Alphawaves u still support Windows Download Integrator or? seems the thread is closed or is WOOT already released?

14. Blade2565

Feb 27, 2008
    Trying for a week to make windows 7 install dvd with IE10 integrated for some odd reason it always get stuck... during setup.... not sure need first integrate IE10 and than multilanguages or visa versa....
    still will try to make dvd first up to date than integrate languages... also did add for IE extra language but so far my upgrade project always get stuck during setup...

Even tried to add it with dism... what worked before.... will figure it out some how I hope :p or wait for WOOT maybe it fixes my issue... let me know when it comes out would like to try it and donate for it :D
    Tried WDI for a few times... so far... but not got my project finished.... it did do the language part so for as one of the few also in boot.wim ;).... will keep fighting with it until get it done...
    Not give up easy....

Thanks so far Alphawaves.... hope WOOT comes soon :)

15. mictlan

mictlan MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    First of all thankies for this nice tool.
    Second a little request: Could this be programmed in a way that it does not require elevation/admin rights?
    It is a downloader for hotfixes, so why admin rights are required?

Thx

16. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Admin rights is required for directory/file removal if downloader cancelled, it also has updates installer (which is now in v1.6). :eek: