When Will The Win 7 OEM Disks Come out?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zzdiesel, Aug 5, 2009.

1. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    I mean the ones when you install they automatically install the certs & key and activate on their own. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. snowflake

snowflake MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    At GA, 22 october.

3. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Thanks so much...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Do you have an SLIC BIOS?

Because there will not be any official OEM DVD wich will isntall an loader for you ^^

I made my own OEM AIO DVD which installs and loader automatically after Windows isntallation ends, so it is activated after install.

5. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Yes, I have Dell 2.1 SLIC installed on my BIOS

6. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Then why dont you make your own OEM DVD? You just need the Retail ISO and make the Folder "Sources\$OEM$\$$\System32\OEM\PlaceCertNameHere.xrm-ms

Then you just have to install Windows 7 with the OEM key. That's it.

7. damox

damox MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    Care to share the method you used ?

8. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Just used a lo*der and script from here. Based on Hazar's lo*der, but of course i removed the "Pause" commands, because i think then it won't work, coz you can't push any button when installing ^^

Either you place the cert in "sources\$OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM" and it will be automatically installed (if you want to enter the OEM key at your own during install, or if you use AutoUnattended.xml/include serial to the install.wim) , or you place it together with the lo*der in "sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS" so that the script will install it together with the serial.
    The script must have the name setupcomplete.cmd.

OF course i had to edit the script to work with german language because of the "System Reserved" partition.
    Also i had to enter the full paths to the files e.g. ""%SYSTEMROOT%\SETUP\Scripts\bootinst.exe"" because else they won't be found.

9. stukan

stukan MDL Novice

May 13, 2008
    Sounds right but I don't see any Windows 7 OEM Certificate available yet, do you?:confused:

10. VelleX

VelleX MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hm, did you sleep the last 2 weeks? ^^

11. damox

damox MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    I'm having trouble getting mine to work, do you mind posting up your setupcomplete.cmd (just quote the contents).

Cheers.

12. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    #12 secr9tos, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017