When will vista stop being supported?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by killercat, Jul 10, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    any idea? xp will be supported until 2014:eek: what about vista :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I imagine so, I mean it won't get anymore security updates but will still operate.

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Altho i dont see why people would use XP and Vista today when Win7 is here!

5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    im rilli worried about the updates that windows 7's sp1 brings thats why..i might switch to vista soooon :p:D:(

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Really**

Worried about SP1 and its updates, why ?

Hope you switch to 7 asap!:)

7. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    cazz my windows 7 is not the genuine one:Dneither win vista is:p im running windows 7 atm:)

8. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
  9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    So what do you do with your older computers that are not powerfull enough to run vista or XP just throw them away, There are still millions of users running XP and will do for years just because MS stops supporting it don't mean stop using it.

10. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    yeah..i told my brother like a million times to use windows 7 he said he will but he never does :D

11. harishgayatri

harishgayatri MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    I guess never:D

I love Windows Vista More than Windows 7 because of lower requirements and faster responses

12. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    :wallbash: I hope you mean the opposite?

13. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    :Di think he meant win 7:D one thing i find weird is vista copies faster than win 7:eek:

14. harishgayatri

harishgayatri MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    No. I said Windows Vista is Faster than Windows 7 and not vice versa

I meant it.

15. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    You're the only one who said Windows Vista is Faster than Windows 7. Good Luck and have a fun with Vista !

16. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    And which functions/parts of 7 are slower than their vista borthers? Did you actually test windows 7? Usually every new MS OS is a bit slower than it's predecessor, but with 7 this is definitely not the case

17. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    well in my pc i never found win 7 faster:eek: both got the same performance..and i find vista copies stuffs faster than 7 does:rolleyes: everytime i install vista i get back to win 7 because of the features..:D

18. harishgayatri

harishgayatri MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    There is a little performance gain in Windows Vista since it is already evolved over the period and tested in higher number of systems compared to Windows 7.

BTW I see only parrots saying Windows 7 is faster than Vista.

I even told my friend to install Vista Ultimate over his 7 Ultimate and believe me he loves it more than Windows 7 which he was using for 6-7 months. He instantly found the difference of speed and response in that OS.

He used to Keep his system for downloads from 8PM to 1PM. And even today he is sticking to Windows Vista over Windows 7.

The only drawback is it uses by default more memory than 7 but has an advantage over it for Quicker responses to open,Close clicks etc.

I would recommend you guys who use Windows 7 to give Windows Vista SP2 a try and tweak to give it an even better response than I have achieved. But in the end it is for you to decide to do that or not.

Peace..