Where can I download original Pro without SP1?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Beetlejuice7979, May 26, 2021.

1. Beetlejuice7979

Beetlejuice7979 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2020
    I misplace my OEM original Windows 7 Pro DVD.

I managed to get the download link from Microsoft but it contains Service Pack 1.

Suddenly, even my old hard drive images are reporting invalid driver signatures which are I incompatible with the version supplied in the download.

This is frustrating. Even my USB3 and ATI drivers are not being installed because they don't have a valid signature. My printer is experiencing the same problem. And yes. I'm disconnected from the internet while I install the drivers that I got from the manufacturer's website.

I also noticed Windows Defender won't turn on. I've tried reinstalling Windows and using old hard drive images from 2018 but I still can't get past the signature bulls**t and can't turn on Windows Defender.

2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TURTLESHROOM

TURTLESHROOM MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2021
    Why do you want W7 without the Service Pack I? I mean, I get if it's a hardware problem (which it seems to be), but otherwise, those security updates and patches are important.

5. Beetlejuice7979

Beetlejuice7979 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2020
    The only reason why I wanted W7 w/o SP1 was to troubleshoot the anomaly with my Intel SATA driver, which came from Asus. Until I upgraded/installed new HDD drives, this never was an issue before.

What I ended up doing was a full clean install of W7 SP1 and installed all the applications I needed to before updating the Intel ATA driver, running Windows Update, disabled (sort of) the digital signature's not signed message. I then updated the SATA driver from Asus's website. This crippled Windows update and Windows Defender. When I want to use them both, I just roll back the driver to the native Windows SATA driver but then all my drives including the old SATA show up as hot swappable and removable (and I can remove them like a USB).

Updating the SATA driver shows the new 3.5 inch SATA HDDs as SSDs but at least none of the HDDs are hot swappable. It's quite baffling.