Where can I download preinstalled OEM apps for all OEM Brands?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Arthur Durand, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Arthur Durand

Arthur Durand MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Hi

I am a support technician and work with many certified refurbished desktops and laptops, most of them with no OS installed, I'd like to have all the decent OEM preinstalled software at hand to save me a lot of time!

I'm talking about apps like the HP Support Assistant and the Dell SupportAssist amongst others!

Can this thread be a discussion amongst peers where we share which OEM apps we like to preinstall and why?

I am for example unable to download the Dell SupportAssist to install to an offline machine!

I would also like to know if someone can share the official OEM branding files of OEM branded machines, I suspect that OEMs has a dynamic way of branding their PCs and laptops, what I mean by this is that all the files and registry settings regarding OEM info is basically the same, I believe they have some toll run at OOBE that detects the model number and then brands the machine accordingly, can anyone share some light on this?

2. Arthur Durand

Arthur Durand MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    I for example use DriverPack Solutions to install most of the drivers after a clean install of Windows 10. I have written a batch file that cleans up and remove any traces of Driver Pack Solutions which I run after using DRPsu to install most of the drivers!

Afterwards, I like to install said brand's official support utility where the utility is responsible for keeping drivers up to date amongst others!

I wouldn't want to install all OEM software as I'm of opinion that the majority is bloatware!

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most here call ALL those apps "bloatware" and going thru all hoops to get rid of them, not minding their install will be crippled but still.

Is your work officially certified? Using driverpack to install drivers? All proper OEM support websites contain the original working drivers, driverpack just installs a driver when it looks like the original, not always the proper ones.

4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i dont understand why would anyone wan bloatware on their machineso_O

5. Arthur Durand

Arthur Durand MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    What do you mean?

I don't want bloatware either, just helpful OEM software that keeps drivers up to date like the HP Support Assistant and the Dell Command Update / SupportAssist for example, I most certainly don't want to install all the OEMs crap, it'll take me too much time on one system!

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Once the most current drivers are installed on older OEM systems, there won't ever be new ones offered on those assistent tools.

I never got the question from any of my "clients", where is the support tool? :D

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I think you are approaching it from wrong direction!

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    If your looking to reinstall the o.s. on refurb'd computers then apps like HP support assist won't be of any real use because their support would have been ended, and HP support assist would be a waste of resources. Those HP and Dell and other pc's would be better off without that stuff.

I can understand why you would want it to look oem for resale, But I do not think people will miss that stuff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Wrong thread deleted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    If you are a member of BA you might check their OEM database