Where can I get the BIOS source code leaked by Insyde?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Drak_iaji, Jan 11, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
  2. Asparagus Lover

Asparagus Lover MDL Senior Member

May 17, 2019
    I do have links only of 2 archives from 2020.

3. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
    Is it the same as the source code in TheParmak repository?

4. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    No. It's a trunk from Insyde employee training center with Nuvoton co. related files in it. And some source code.

I don't remember what exactly these archives represent, because their contents didn't interest me.

Telegram: @exconfidential.
    I have them saved as local copies.

5. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
  6. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    Should I upload the files for you? Which file-sharing do you prefer?

7. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
    Maybe a new Telegram group should be created, but I don't know if the Telegram group will take the initiative to delete the file, but I think if the file can be downloaded as soon as possible, there should be no problem.

But BitTorrent may be a better choice, and those files that were leaked before seem to be able to be downloaded through BitTorrent, even though the mega has deleted these files.

8. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    In what matter?
    Having difficulties with flash drive booting? Rather than researching boot compatibility, you're free to ask about it in direct, at least.

9. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
    #11 Drak_iaji, Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    (OP)
    The worst case is that your USB flash drive does not appear in the boot menu at all, and the slightly better case is that your USB flash drive can be found in the boot menu, but your USB flash drive cannot be booted normally due to various restrictions.

I have encountered such incidents many times.

Such events are more likely to occur in a traditional BIOS environment.

On older devices, this isn't particularly uncommon, which is why I need the source code.

For example, the source code of AMI revealed that they had incorrectly set a special boot strategy for the USB flash drive of Silicon Motion, resulting in that the USB flash drive will not be displayed in the boot menu under USB-HDD mode. This requires you to change the VID/PID of the USB flash drive to an ID other than 090C/1000.
    (If you use Silicon Motion's utility to set multiple LUNs for your USB flash drive, and one of the LUNs is set to USB-HDD mode)

Of course the solution is not mine, nor is the source code for what I am looking for, I am at best an agent.

10. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    What does it mean? Is this archive only a part of something or it can not be unpacked?

11. Drak_iaji

Drak_iaji MDL Novice

May 22, 2022
    That's right. In fact, there are two sub-volumes in this zip package.

The compressed package cannot be decompressed because it is missing the remaining two volumes.

12. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    I think it got corrupted on downloading. Do you have a Telegram so I could forward you a message with the file download?

13. ribcage

ribcage MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2022